WTF isn't something supposed to be here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

ok so I bought this Z6 for 300 which wasn't bad concidering it has a new water pump and timing belt and it only has 75k on it but anyways I got a question..I took this pic to help explain it more hopefully I can post it but there is a little hole above the 2 middle cylinders on the head isn't there supposed to be a oil plug or something there? if not all my oil is gonna get lost to my head...I will show you it O and isn't there supposed to be little sleeves coming out of some of the holes so that the head gasket stays in place while I am putting the head on?

(its in my albums if you can click there and see it sorry!)
damn it I don't understand how to put the pictures I read the reference on how to and I have them in my album grr as soon as I know how guys I will post them for you!

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jun 18 2005, 12:19 PM
ok so I bought this Z6 for 300 which wasn't bad concidering it has a new water pump and timing belt and it only has 75k on it but anyways I got a question..I took this pic to help explain it more hopefully I can post it but there is a little hole above the 2 middle cylinders on the head isn't there supposed to be a oil plug or something there? if not all my oil is gonna get lost to my head...I will show you it O and isn't there supposed to be little sleeves coming out of some of the holes so that the head gasket stays in place while I am putting the head on?

damn it I don't understand how to put the pictures I read the reference on how to and I have them in my album grr as soon as I know how guys I will post them for you!
[post=513734]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope thats your oil controll jet, and its only supposed to be there on non vtec engines.

And, yes the locating dowls should be there, but check on your head, they stick to the head as well.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jun 18 2005, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by 5speed4life+Jun 18 2005, 02:31 PM-->
CiViC_SOHC
@Jun 18 2005, 12:19 PM

Nope thats your oil controll jet, and its only supposed to be there on non vtec engines.

And, yes the locating dowls should be there, but check on your head, they stick to the head as well.
[post=513753]Quoted post[/post]​

ok cool I didn't know becuase I remember seeing an engine pic with something there lol...and the sleeves can I just buy new ones and set them in? and do they NEED to be there? (well if I can get the gasket on without it slipping around) and what would they be called if I could go and buy them? thanks for the help man

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC+Jun 18 2005, 02:57 PM-->
Originally posted by 5speed4life@Jun 18 2005, 02:31 PM
CiViC_SOHC
@Jun 18 2005, 12:19 PM

[post=513753]Quoted post[/post]​

ok cool I didn't know becuase I remember seeing an engine pic with something there lol...and the sleeves can I just buy new ones and set them in? and do they NEED to be there? (well if I can get the gasket on without it slipping around) and what would they be called if I could go and buy them? thanks for the help man
[post=513759]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, buy youself some new dowls.They realy make sure the head is properly aligned.

Back