WTF? RUST ON MY CAMS?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

Hey all, i was about ready to put my head back together im going to take the cams outa the box and plastic wrapper, when i notice 4 spots of rust on the cams. its not on the lobes but on the part that rides on the head, any1 ever had this b4? the cams were still in box, in plastic wrap, sitting in my enclosed garage. are they still good? will they work? is this crowers fault or mine? wtf?!?!?

lets hope so, im having a shop inspect them tomorrow, and my friend that works for mopac is calling crower, and my friend with an 11 seond civic is helping me put them in, so hopefully it all works out.

chizzill....after initial startup the rust will go..

should be fine after you have someone remove the rust(make sure you do)..next time dont buy crower,maybe you can sell them on ebay or something

no it has nothing to do witht he fact that they are crower, and he does not have to have anyone remove the rust. it is simply that they have sat long enuf for the bare metal to corrode alittle bit. it will happen to anything, they prob had alittle moisture left on them from someones hands and thats what did it. My tools do the same thing in my toolbox enclosed in my garage if i dont use them for a while. just throw em in itll wear off fine :thumbsup:

ya its cool..i wasnt trying to make a big deal out of it..im sure his cams will work fine(as long as they are installed correctly)..i would atleast try to remove the rust,without damaging the cams..

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 20 2003, 10:50 PM
ya its cool..i wasnt trying to make a big deal out of it..im sure his cams will work fine(as long as they are installed correctly)..i would atleast try to remove the rust,without damaging the cams..

no need, just throw them in

Back