WTF?!?! scam or no-scam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. most of you know i have some eclipse wheels i'm trying to get rid off... well i posted a classified and i got this reply to it.. so i replied to that.. and this is what they send me..

what do think??.. i'm thinkin its a scam
Hello ,
Thanks for the fast reply,i appreciate your desire in selling your( OEM Eclipse wheels) to me,as regards Having made me to know the asking price for your (OEM Eclipse wheels),i will be glad if we can go ahead with the transaction right away.However,i will have to issue you with a money order from U.S bank in the amount of $4,500 as this will also cover the expenses of my shipper who will be coming over to your address to pick the (OEM Eclipse wheels)and other goods that i am purchasing in the states for en-shipment..I ought to have paid you separatel! !! ! ! ! y,but due to the policy of the company paying me off,they would only issue one check on the amount..,all you need do is to forward the outstanding amount of the funds to my shipper on receipt of receiving the payment,you will send the funds to my shipper immediately for him to come over and pick the (OEM Eclipse wheels) for en-shipment to me here in (CANADA)....If this sounds alright! with you,please,provide me with your .....RECIPIENT'S FULL NAME (NAME ON WHICH THE CHEC K SHOU LD BE PAID UNTO)MAILING ADDRESS (YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER UNTO WHICH THE CHECK-PAYMENT SHOULD BE SENT TO)
Best Regards....
gomez.............

the only reason i ask is because why the fuck would they send $4500

Quoted post[/post]]
ok.. most of you know i have some eclipse wheels i'm trying to get rid off... well i posted a classified and i got this reply to it.. so i replied to that.. and this is what they send me..

what do think??.. i'm thinkin its a scam
Hello ,
Thanks for the fast reply,i appreciate your desire in selling your( OEM Eclipse wheels) to me,as regards Having made me to know the asking price for your (OEM Eclipse wheels),i will be glad if we can go ahead with the transaction right away.However,i will have to issue you with a money order from U.S bank in the amount of $4,500 as this will also cover the expenses of my shipper who will be coming over to your address to pick the (OEM Eclipse wheels)and other goods that i am purchasing in the states for en-shipment..I ought to have paid you separatel! !! ! ! ! y,but due to the policy of the company paying me off,they would only issue one check on the amount..,all you need do is to forward the outstanding amount of the funds to my shipper on receipt of receiving the payment,you will send the funds to my shipper immediately for him to come over and pick the (OEM Eclipse wheels) for en-shipment to me here in (CANADA)....If this sounds alright! with you,please,provide me with your .....RECIPIENT'S FULL NAME (NAME ON WHICH THE CHEC K SHOU LD BE PAID UNTO)MAILING ADDRESS (YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER UNTO WHICH THE CHECK-PAYMENT SHOULD BE SENT TO)
Best Regards....
gomez.............

the only reason i ask is because why the fuck would they send $4500
Super auto generated scam.
That's why they always say "(OEM Eclipse wheels)" and are using a money order.
The MO won't clear, you lose.

thats what i was thinking.. just wanted to make sure, before i blew off a potential buyer..

It's a 419 scam, it's just on a smaller item for a smaller amount so there's a higher chance for the scammers to sound believable. As you said, why bother with scamming for a couple grand? Well, money is money regardless.

rule of thumb.. anytime they offer more than what you ask it's a scam

Back