wtf?? Something is funky with my PC... Screenshots Inside...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

So I put this dvd into my drive and restarted my computer.... Clicked a bunch of buttons... And then this came up..

img191.jpg

Yup... Thats right... i've installed OSX on my PC... I LOVE IT... SO FAST, SO STABLE... Still have a few minor bugs to work out... But man... I am LOVING osx...

img193.jpg

Current Issues:
Video Resolution is at 1280x1024 (Want to run 1680x1050).
WiFi doesnt work (Intel Chipsets aren't 100% developed yet)

Other than that... I just gotta install FireFox, and Office 2004 for Mac... :)

WHat do you guys have against macs? The fact that they work? Dont require drivers and updates every 14 days? The fact that I can run 10 programs at once without it flinching? Or maybe that I can open up a 2mb PDF in under 2 seconds?

Dont playa hate... Participate...

I hate the fact that 80ish% of apps don't support mac. So you cut your functionality alot.

If you are video editing, fine. Otherwise, use a PC.

because im sick of applecareing every piece of shit that comes outta that factory.

and fuck that OS too. it hates office2k4.

See... PC Hardware > Mac Hardware... But Mac Software > PC Software... So i have the best of both worlds... :D

And I agree on the software front... which is why... DUAL BOOT FTMFW!!!

(Not to mention im trying to prove that OSX will work functionally with our company to get the company to start buying a few MacBooks... 1 of which for me... :) )

i've saidd it once, and i'll say it again.

the only thing good about apple is their stock..... and frankly, its too late to jump on that too IMO. 3 months ago, it was 70 bucks... now its 155. i don't see it moving too much more than that

is that a real OSX install or is it from the darwin project ?

oh BRILLIANT let us do coffee at starbucks, open our laptops and allow the Mac logo to beacon other fine europeans to come and sip Jamaica Blue from little cups and we'll discuss how much BETTER We are than anyone else !

<golf clap>

i put my heel through a few month old macbook pro display today.

"is the mac display working?"
"yes but the backlight wont work"
"so the display isnt working?"
:crack:
"nope. not at all"

is that a real OSX install or is it from the darwin project ?

Its an OSX install using the Darwin Bootloader.

And I have to wipe the whole thign... Not because of OSX... Because hal.dll has gone corrupt on the XP partition... :(

I need my 500gb hard drive back so i can backup all my crap, then just wipe the whole thing clean & start over.

Back