WTF?!?!?!?! Weird situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

...or the fact that you are racing amateurs that probably aren't the most skillful drivers,

So the mustang should lose becuase its an amateur class? isnt the honda drivers also amateurs?

I think it's easier to go faster in a RWD car. amateur VS amateur the person in the mustang shuld have the upper hand since its a RWD car however since its a piece that isnt the case.

Yes they're both amateurs but you fail to realise the point that I was bringing to the table; most mustang owners are only interested in drag racing, thus there aren't many that are going to be interested or well ept at a road course, like there would be in a honda. Since most of the enthuisiast Honda crowd can't keep up with the domestic enthuisiast crowd in the 1/4mile, they move to other playing fields. Yes they're still amateurs on both sides of the spectrum, but most who buy a mustang aren't interested in how it would perform on a road course, my point was simply that if its set up correctly it will beat the honda.

Also RWD is not easier than FWD to drive, a FWD car understeering is easier to get used to than a RWD car fish tailing and having the ass end break free.

The mustang isn't a piece, but I would guess you have little intimate knowledge with the car. Hell look at Celerity, he painstakingly liked the car and the one he had was a v6.

You're failing to understand that 70% of those Mustangs I speak of at the track are infact built for Road Racing, by at least as much as my del sol is. This is driving in high intermediate/advanced group, so they have been RR'ing those cars for a while too.

:eek:fftopic:

Sorry for destroying this thread :p

Quoted post[/post]]
You're failing to understand that 70% of those Mustangs I speak of at the track are infact built for Road Racing, by at least as much as my del sol is. This is driving in high intermediate/advanced group, so they have been RR'ing those cars for a while too.

:eek:fftopic:

Sorry for destroying this thread :p

Something doesn't add up.

Its a better platform, it has more power, yet its out accelerated in the straight away where from the factory it dominates a b16 del sol? I drove a del sol for quite awhile, I also drove a Mustang GT for awhile, they're not even in the same class of car.

Quoted post[/post]]
:shrug2:

where do you live? you can come for a ride along sometime if you like :)

A long, long, long ways away in New Jersey.

Honestly, you're talking about pulling on them on straightaways (I never watched the video) but even a V6 coupe should be pulling or atleast comparable (depending on the year) on a b16 sol - I just don't understand.

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh. :cry:

But when you were on the track with the Mustangs it's safe to assume that was ITR-equipped?

He said he had the B16 in it, even with an ITR engine the Mustang should out accelerate a heavy, fwd del slo.

For the record B16, I just watched your video. That mustang did infact start to walk on you in every straightaway, however he sucked in the turns and thats where you kept maintaining your distance until the next straight away where he'd slowly walk away. He should've blown your doors off still, but that guy definately was not the caliber driver for a course that you are and its easily seen in his skill approaching and through the turns.

At 3:30mins, he completely gained an entire straightaway on you and then was slowed in the next turn after he came up on a car infront of him but I just watched it again and he powered away completely at that time.

what should happen on paper and what actually happens in the real world are often VERY different

i have yet to be beaten by a mustang in my sol

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh. :cry:

But when you were on the track with the Mustangs it's safe to assume that was ITR-equipped?

He said he had the B16 in it, even with an ITR engine the Mustang should out accelerate a heavy, fwd del slo.

For the record B16, I just watched your video. That mustang did infact start to walk on you in every straightaway, however he sucked in the turns and thats where you kept maintaining your distance until the next straight away where he'd slowly walk away. He should've blown your doors off still, but that guy definately was not the caliber driver for a course that you are and its easily seen in his skill approaching and through the turns.

At 3:30mins, he completely gained an entire straightaway on you and then was slowed in the next turn after he came up on a car infront of him but I just watched it again and he powered away completely at that time.
If he gained an entire straightaway on me I must have been stuck behind someone else? I ended up taking him in a braking zone at the end of a large straight, so he wasn't pulling on me by enough. :) As E said, what is on paper and what happens in real life are quite different. This is heavy FWD action for ya. :p

The sol was ITR equpped for about a year only. Most of my experience has been with a B16 (this car and previous car).

15k for a 2000 mustang, your an asshat....you could have a Supercharged Corvette for 12k... with 437hp and over 20mpg....

Quoted post[/post]]
what should happen on paper and what actually happens in the real world are often VERY different

i have yet to be beaten by a mustang in my sol

I'm not talking about what happens on paper, I'm talking about driving a mustang for quite awhile and racing around in it and proving those numbers.

If you're not being beat by mustangs then you're not running anyone that can drive one, because I know for damn sure in a stock '03 GT I walked on everything I raced except for a vette and sti.

Quoted post[/post]]
Del Sol? Heavy? Compared to a Mustang? Ha.

3000+lbs with 160hp/130tq compared to 3500lbs 300hp/315tq. Power to weight ratio.

Quoted post[/post]]
If he gained an entire straightaway on me I must have been stuck behind someone else? I ended up taking him in a braking zone at the end of a large straight, so he wasn't pulling on me by enough. :) As E said, what is on paper and what happens in real life are quite different. This is heavy FWD action for ya. :p

The sol was ITR equpped for about a year only. Most of my experience has been with a B16 (this car and previous car).

I fail to see where he didn't pull a straightaway on you.

Look at the video at 3:30mins, you posted proof on video that the mustang completely walked you in the straightaway. He's close to you in the beginning of the straightaway and by the end you can barely see him.

Seriously, enough. The video you posted proved what I said and the driver lost all his time in the turns, he must've been a skillfull driver. *rolls eyes*

What looks good on paper, applies in real world circumstances when driver skill is equal.

I drove both of these cars, there's absolutely no comparison in terms of performance they're in two entirely different classes.

My del sol weighs 2500 lbs with my fat ass sitting in it. Funny how every mustang driver myself or E come across at these track events are no good? rollseyes.

Where I passed the guy was at the end of a huge straight, in a braking zone.

buddychrist1.jpg

You just talked about pulling on a mustang on a straightaway, its a faster car in a straight line, that should not have happened.

lol

and since when is a straight line drag racing?

corner speeds, exits lines, and so forth have even more to do with it than horse power or 0-60. of course the mustang will pull a better 0-60 time, it's RWD. but on the track, its not all about brute acceleration.

Too many people talk shit about the mustang without being educated about it.

your education in this thread is overwhelming. now i remember why i had you on ignore.

I like all your posts b16 and you have worthwhile things to say, but people here are giving the car far too bad of rap without intimately knowing it.

The mustang is a a better performance car than a fwd honda, period. It has a better platform to start from so if both were modified equally it would outperform the honda.

but since you could never even possibly mod 2 entirely differet cars "equally", your point is moot.

I wouldn't buy a 240 unless it was a srdett swap

lmao. the mad tit3 JDM twin turbo sr20 that doesn't exist y0!

You just talked about pulling on a mustang on a straightaway, its a faster car in a straight line, that should not have happened.

and again,s traight line is NOT a 1/4 mile, and coming off of a corner, exist speeds from factors such as handeling play a huge role.

I think 1/4 mile times and skidpad results only show part of the story. I doesn't convey the dynamics that happen in real world driving.

:werd:

Its also common sense that with the correct setup the RWD > FWD, end of story.
but, the mustang DOESNT have the correct setup...

I thank you for sharing your experiences but it doesn't sound as if you're intimate with the car and driving the car, it really is the only thing that Ford has going for it other than the lightning in my opinion.

so, now you have to sleep with a car to know what it can do on a real track?

I'm not talking about what happens on paper, I'm talking about driving a mustang for quite awhile and racing around in it and proving those numbers.

If you're not being beat by mustangs then you're not running anyone that can drive one, because I know for damn sure in a stock '03 GT I walked on everything I raced except for a vette and sti.

drag racing? sure.

have you ever even BEEN to a road course?

3000+lbs with 160hp/130tq compared to 3500lbs 300hp/315tq. Power to weight ratio.

lmao. the 3000+ lb del sol.

you're such a moron, it amazes me.

i think you're going back on ignore...

I drove both of these cars, there's absolutely no comparison in terms of performance they're in two entirely different classes.

and so now, you're Tiff fucking neddle and can drive the fuck out all things with wheels. I forgot.

:worth: to new2thecarsceene's driving prowess

:back on ignore:

edit to fix my quoting issues

Quoted post[/post]]

yes they are in different classes
one is fast, small, lightweight, well ballanced, has excelent handling, and brakes that are damn near offensive
the other one sounds like it should be fast, and handles like a toaster

Back