WTF?!?!?!?! Weird situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMFAO.

"But the mustang doesn't have the right setup."

Read through the thread before you start bashing B, but I know that I'm uneducated and you know oh so much so you have to ignore me with your l337ness!

I said that if the mustang were setup for the track then it would outperform the FWD honda, its common sense.

When I say mod the cars equally, I mean if you put a turbo kit on one car then you put a turbo kit on the next car, when you put a sway bar on one car you put a sway bar on the other car. Of course the car parts aren't interchangeable but the cars can be modded with equivalent parts and thats my point. The RWD platform is always going to come out ahead until say you put endlinks, adjustable coilovers, lightweight rims, aftermarket calipers/rotors on the Honda; of course in this scenario the Honda will come out ahead. Now put all those aftermarket parts on the Mustang as well and see who comes out ahead, there's no replacement for displacement and cars can't defy laws of physics, RWD > FWD.

B16, my point stands look at the video at 3:30 watch the damn car pull away in the straightaway. End of story, the video tells it all. I'm not talking about your final times or lap times, I'm talking about when you claimed that the mustang didn't out accelerate your car. Wrong, the mustang didn't hang with your car in the corners and that is either chalked up to driver error (considering you took two completely different lines) or how the car was equipt in comparison to your own, end of story.

You guys can argue numbers and science all you want.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I drove both of these cars, there's absolutely no comparison in terms of performance they're in two entirely different classes.

yes they are in different classes
one is fast, small, lightweight, well ballanced, has excelent handling, and brakes that are damn near offensive
the other one sounds like it should be fast, and handles like a toaster

We're talking about a stock Honda here versus a Mustang?

Stock Honda - not fast, doesn't have excelent handling, doesn't have excellent brakes, its an economy oriented car not a sports oriented car.

Stock Mustang - fast, doesn't have excelent handling depending on the model, has decent brakes, is a more sports oriented car.

I hate to break it to you guys but your civics and civic del sols aren't listed as sports cars for a reason.

Quoted post[/post]]
My del sol weighs 2500 lbs with my fat ass sitting in it. Funny how every mustang driver myself or E come across at these track events are no good? rollseyes.

Where I passed the guy was at the end of a huge straight, in a braking zone.

Funny, curb weight of the car is listed at almost 2400lbs. I guess your fat ass weighs around 100lbs, along with any other modifications you've added to the car.

You're comparing a stock car to a modded car. If you mod a mustang, of course its curbweight is going to go down just like yours did.

You should be slapped for actually posting that a del sol weighs more than 3000lbs. Do some actual fucking research.

Oh, and a sports car is hardly a sports car if it can't shake a Honda anywhere except for a brief moment on a straightaway.

Quoted post[/post]]
You should be slapped for actually posting that a del sol weighs more than 3000lbs. Do some actual fucking research.

Oh, and a sports car is hardly a sports car if it can't shake a Honda anywhere except for a brief moment on a straightaway.

Do some research? I was throwing a number out there of the top of my head for a fully equipt and modded del sol.

I drove a del sol for 3 years, thats why I'm here.

See heres the thing, stock vs stock it would shake the Honda and numbers prove that. I don't even know how you guys can argue this.

Because we're not talking about stock cars, genius.

B16 has said that he has raced against road-race prepped mustangs and won. E has said that he has yet to lose against a Mustang. Here we have 2 people that are posting FROM EXPERIENCE beating mustangs in their Del Sols.

You come in here, throw down some extremely bogus information, and then expect everyone to submit to you because you've driven both cars? I bite my thumb at you.

Quoted post[/post]]
15k for a 2000 mustang, your an asshat....you could have a Supercharged Corvette for 12k... with 437hp and over 20mpg....

He said he paid 10k for it, which is a good deal I guess. 12k is good for a supercharged vette, but I don't think he would be able to get financing on that would he? I thought most places won't finance anything if it's over so many years old.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
15k for a 2000 mustang, your an asshat....you could have a Supercharged Corvette for 12k... with 437hp and over 20mpg....

He said he paid 10k for it, which is a good deal I guess. 12k is good for a supercharged vette, but I don't think he would be able to get financing on that would he? I thought most places won't finance anything if it's over so many years old.

You can finance just about anything. The real question is whether you'd be able to afford the interest rate.

Quoted post[/post]]

B16 has said that he has raced against road-race prepped mustangs and won. E has said that he has yet to lose against a Mustang. Here we have 2 people that are posting FROM EXPERIENCE beating mustangs in their Del Sols.

You come in here, throw down some extremely bogus information, and then expect everyone to submit to you because you've driven both cars? I bite my thumb at you.
EXACTLY. I think I have said that 4 different times in this thread. That mustang was INDEED modified, it is NOT STOCK. I said it is equally modified as I was. Hell, he was on R compound tires like myself.

About the weight of my car, these are the numbers from actually weighing it and corner balancing the car with me in it. I did not make up that number, it is infact accurate. The 2400lbs weight you mention is an estimate. At my weight remeber everything is removed from the car except the interior. Everything, I mean everything is out of the trunk. I also have removed all my AC and power steering components. Does this justify the actual weight of my car for you?

oh my god i've done it!!!!!!!!!
i managed to find the exact moment in this thread when New2TheCarScene pulled something out of his ass to argue about
EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NEVER EVEN FUCKING SAID

ok first im gunna quote everything that B16 said up to the part where new2 magicly pulls an argument out of his ass
i will put the parts where B16 talks about beating a mustang on the track in bold
i will put the part where new2 pulls an argument out of his ass in bold red

Quoted post[/post]]
You were about to buy a car without even knowing how much it was worth to begin with? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you..

Seriously you thought 15k was a deal for a slow POS mustang GT?
nothing there

Quoted post[/post]]
Unless your ej with b16 is slower than my del sol with b16.. the mustang is NOT faster. Last time I was at the road course in Reno there was one that could not shake me on the straights. Not to mention how aweful the thing braked and handled. I expected a 4.6L V8 to pull on me on the straights at 4,000ft elevation, but he couldn't.

Quoted post[/post]]
are you SURE you want a mustang???

even at 10k... theres 12312312 other cars you can buy for 10k.
:werd:

I'm sorry, but I think they are utter crap.
ok in this post he clearly states that the mustang "could not shake him on the straights" even though he expected it to

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

enjoy your slow pos which will only cause you more problems than your b16 hatch.

:)
nothing here

Quoted post[/post]]
The mustank wasn't beat, it was his damn track car. LOL

EDIT:
here is the video for reference. nevermind the Evo's smoking me :p
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/me...eFolksReno2.wmv
here he posts up a video of him on the track with the fore mentioned mustang
and the mustang is in clear view through the whole video untill it is finally passed
while the mustang does put a little bit of distance on in a few straights it does not pull away much and is always realed right back in in the next corner set

Quoted post[/post]]
When did we start talking about drag racing? Is this now the only way to guage how fast a given car is? :shrug2:
here B16 simply reminds new2 that there is much more to performance than 1/4 mile times

Quoted post[/post]]
<span style="color:#FF0000">You just talked about pulling on a mustang on a straightaway, its a faster car in a straight line, that should not have happened. </span>

DING DING DING
there it is
in none of his previous posts did B16 talk about beating a mustang in a straightaway
he said that the mustang couldnt lose him in the straights
and it couldnt based on the fact that in the video, at every corner set he was right back on the mustangs ass, untill finally passing it, never to see it again

so from this point on no one really knows what the fuck is actually going on because new2 is arguing about shit that he invented in his mind, and everyone else is still focused on the actual shit being discussed while trying to figure out what the fuck new2 is talking about

and heres some more

Quoted post[/post]]
Yes they're both amateurs but you fail to realise the point that I was bringing to the table; most mustang owners are only interested in drag racing, thus there aren't many that are going to be interested or well ept at a road course, like there would be in a honda. Since most of the enthuisiast Honda crowd can't keep up with the domestic enthuisiast crowd in the 1/4mile, they move to other playing fields. Yes they're still amateurs on both sides of the spectrum, but most who buy a mustang aren't interested in how it would perform on a road course, my point was simply that if its set up correctly it will beat the honda.
ok here we have some completly random who fucking knows what
there is absolutely no point made here
so because a lot of people buy mustangs to drag race this guy on a road course in an advanced run group wasnt set up properly???? :wtf:

Quoted post[/post]]
You're failing to understand that 70% of those Mustangs I speak of at the track are infact built for Road Racing, by at least as much as my del sol is. This is driving in high intermediate/advanced group, so they have been RR'ing those cars for a while too.

:eek:fftopic:

Sorry for destroying this thread :p
here B16 tries to explain that the car was indeed set up for road course racing and the driver being in an advanced run group was obviously experienced

Quoted post[/post]]
Something doesn't add up.

Its a better platform, it has more power, yet its out accelerated in the straight away where from the factory it dominates a b16 del sol? I drove a del sol for quite awhile, I also drove a Mustang GT for awhile, they're not even in the same class of car.

better platform??? oh yeah thats right the old RWD>FWD arguement... so a 1988 delta 88 is a better parforming and handling car than a 1988 CRX Si because its RWD and the CRX is FWD??? thanks for the clarification
and here once again he brings up the "beat the mustang in the straight line" thing that he made up a few posts ago
and brings up the oh so relavent point that he once owned both cars :shrug2: no idea what that has to do with anything :gives:

obviously new2 has no understanding of road racing or the concepts involved
shit like braking distance, entry speeds, exit speeds, turn in points, corner lines, or any of the other elements involved with driving fast

welcome to hondaswap... where all but 5 memebers are into drag racing

:zipper_mouth:

Wow..I guess I started a war here. From driving my civic w/ a b16 and driving my mustang i would say that the mustang is without a doubt faster than the civic in raw acceleration(but that is already known). I would say that it brakes about the same but doesnt handle as well(of course). I'm not really a road course kinda person for 1)I suck at heal and toe and i dont really have a good understanding of whether or not to do an early or late apex, 2)When i race people it is on a straight street(i know street racing is bad) and not around curves. I also love the way the 4.6 sounds. As for the supercharged vette, that would have been a good deal but i just like mustangs better.

But as far as the mustangs handling ability, the cobra r can go over 1g on the skidpad and I wouldn't think that it would be too hard to replicate that suspension setup.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You can finance just about anything. The real question is whether you'd be able to afford the interest rate.

Wrong, E.

The mustang pulled away and lost him in the straightaway at 3:30 for like the 5th time.

Thats all I'm going to read, everything else is frivalous bullshit that is arguing common sense. If i go to a mustang board, the exact opposite will be said.

Quoted post[/post]]

How in the fuck can you compare a car thats modded? You can't unless they have equivalent upgrades, thats my point.

Bite your thumb some more.

Boy, if that was your point you certainly presented it in one of the most convoluted ways I've ever seen.

Even at that, with the same mods, I contend that a B16 delsol would at least keep up with a Mustang GT anywhere but at the dragstrip.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Wrong, E.

The mustang pulled away and lost him in the straightaway at 3:30 for like the 5th time.

Thats all I'm going to read, everything else is frivalous bullshit that is arguing common sense. If i go to a mustang board, the exact opposite will be said.

Quoted post[/post]]

How in the fuck can you compare a car thats modded? You can't unless they have equivalent upgrades, thats my point.

Bite your thumb some more.

first of all
stellar quoting job

ok now on to the mustang video
if the mustang lost him how the fuck was he burried in his ass on damn hear every fucking corner???? how did he finally end up passing it.... thought it lost him????
road course races are won and lost in the corners... like i said before, the mustang may have made a little ground in the straights but lost all of it and more in the corners, he kept reeling him in and reeling him in and eventually made it past him
i was always under the impression that if you pass someone and finish in front of them, you won. perhaps i was mistaken

even when my del sol was stock i was able to beat up on mustangs on twisty roads
shit wait... never mind... i had a fucking K&N drop in filter at the time so i guess it was an unfair comparison
now i beat the hell out of them on straight aways and destroy them in the corners

:owned:

owned_baby_seal.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
first of all
stellar quoting job

ok now on to the mustang video
if the mustang lost him how the fuck was he burried in his ass on damn hear every fucking corner???? how did he finally end up passing it.... thought it lost him????
road course races are won and lost in the corners... like i said before, the mustang may have made a little ground in the straights but lost all of it and more in the corners, he kept reeling him in and reeling him in and eventually made it past him
i was always under the impression that if you pass someone and finish in front of them, you won. perhaps i was mistaken

even when my del sol was stock i was able to beat up on mustangs on twisty roads
shit wait... never mind... i had a fucking K&N drop in filter at the time so i guess it was an unfair comparison
now i beat the hell out of them on straight aways and destroy them in the corners
Thank you for the compliment about the quotes. :ph34r:

Anyway, it was my point that there was no way in hell that he out accelerated the mustang or "hung with him" in the straightaway like b16 claimed he did - he didn't.

I don't see what you don't understand about that point, I've already pointed out the obvious that the mustang lost in almost every corner he took a completely different line and probably wasn't half as good of driver as b16 but thats besides the point - b16's outlandish claim of the mustang not out accelerating him in the straightaways was proven false by his own damn video. Read the thread, read the argument.

I still maintain if the mustang driver were not an idiot that he would have performed much better in lap times, but the fact remains that it still out accelerated the b16 sol which b16 claimed it did not.

I reiterated the same point I have throughout the thread 3 times here, I hope you get it.

I just said he couldn't shake me... I never said I could out accelerate him. Please do not make up shit I did not say.

Back