WTF? Where's the thermostat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

So, I'm pretty sure my friend's thermostat is stuck in his 96 accord. It keeps boiling over and his fans work and the head gasket is fine. We went and bought a new thermostat to put in but when I took off the housing from the radiator to the engine where I thought it would be.... nothing's there. There is also the tube that runs from the back of the engine down to the bottom of the radiator. Logically, this is the only other place it could be right? It just seems odd to me to be placed in such an akward location. I was just wondering if anyone with a 5th gen accord had changed out their thermostat and could tell me exactly where it is before we go ripping apart his car.

Yes, I know he needs a Hayes manual, but we are pressed for time and want to get it fixed tonight. Anyone that knows where the thermostat is.... PLEASE HELP.

It can only be one of 2 places, i assume you checked where the top hose of the radiator leads and that wasnt it, check where the other hose leads and it HAS to be there.

Originally posted by NoJokE@Oct 13 2003, 08:41 PM
It can only be one of 2 places, i assume you checked where the top hose of the radiator leads and that wasnt it, check where the other hose leads and it HAS to be there.

That is what logic says but...... I just wanted to make sure. It's in a REALLY akward location. We are going to have to remove his CAI and some other stuff too possibly. Fucking accords....

Its in the back!!! not the front hose like a normal domestic car and several other cars!!! youll see the temp sensor and shit connected to it!! your bottom radiator hose leads to it!!

Back