WTF!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got my radar detector about a year ago. I just started using it again about a week ago. EVERY time i am at full throtle at 4500RPM going about 40 my LASER detector goes off. WTF!?!!?!?!?!?! has this ever happened to anyone else?.. what could be causing it. The radar detector is a whistler. i dont memeber the model, its the cheap one though :p

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Oct 18 2003, 06:57 AM
I got my radar detector about a year ago. I just started using it again about a week ago. EVERY time i am at full throtle at 4500RPM going about 40 my LASER detector goes off. WTF!?!!?!?!?!?! has this ever happened to anyone else?.. what could be causing it. The radar detector is a whistler. i dont memeber the model, its the cheap one though :p

:eek:

holy fuckin shit, mine did that too. :angry: :angry:

4500 rpm and UP the Laser warning would go off. It never went away...until the fuckin thing got stolen. I hope it scared the fuck out of that ass fucker everytime he punched it. :lol:

Mine was a Whistler 1660. Good detector, for about a year...

the only way to correct it is either 1) unplug it 2) replace the board in the detector, or 3) buy a new one.

:lol: thats funny. is your detector mounted at the top of the windshield (as far away from the engine and radio as possible)? if not, try mounting it up there.

it doesnt have to do with the laser it has to do with the electromagnetic fields given off by the radio and the engine they fuck with some cheap electronics.

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Oct 19 2003, 09:18 PM
it doesnt have to do with the laser it has to do with the electromagnetic fields given off by the radio and the engine they fuck with some cheap electronics.

Cheap? mine was the top of the line Whistler at the time.

But yeah...now it would be considered cheap, it was $150 bucks.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 19 2003, 09:51 PM
Valentine One baby, oh yea.... :worthy:

yeah the one that's $400 bucks. :eek: it was ranked #1 by all magazines.

Back