WTH was I thinking! this is worse then going to an Iphone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
We bought a.... ready for it?....

Chevy!

I think I'm the first person in my family within the last 25-30 years that has bought a US errrr Mexican made car. We're tired of waiting around for my dads truck anytime we need to move/pick up something, also the whole 18" AMG wheels with simi sport tires installed just doesn't work the best when theres a bunch of snow on the ground.

With that being said, we found a nice beater, fully loaded Trailblazer inline 6 4.2L 275hp not sure torque, has tow package, leather heated seats, and lots of other bells and whistles. 2003 model with 35K miles on the clock, it's mint. Awesome find!

Best part about it is, trailblazers run from 10-15K with 60K miles to 100K miles based off of auto trader/cars.com This LTZ model was 12,499.00 from a dealership, price was good to start with VS other cars in the area.

I'll go over the process of buying this car since people are always looking for the ins/outs of buying.

We walked into the Chevy dealership, asked, do you have any trailblazers? also do you have any Explorers so we can see them side by side? Yes to the trail blazers no to the explorer, I asked if I could drive it to the ford lot across town so I could see them side by side. They gave me a key and we were off. Drove it to the ford dealership, didn't see much we liked, got back in the car and drove back to the Chevy dealership. As soon as we got out the sales person and manager came over to see what we thought. I told them I was indifferent about it, I liked the ford better but Linh liked the Chevy more. Told them I wasn't really pressed to buy anything but it was nice and the miles were right, we wanted a haul/snow suv so it wasn't a big deal on what we got, as long as it runs when we need it to run. I looked at the sticker 12,499 and told them since it's getting late we'll just cut the BS, make it happen at $12,500 OTD and I'd take it. Based on my research I felt that was a good price for the car. guy walks away, comes back and says, ok done. We fill out the basic paper work, sign off on the car, and I told them I'd have the money sent to them in the AM.

I kid you not, it took around 15 minutes from the time we got out of the car to the time we drove off the lot.

The fact that he took it right away tells me too things, 1. It was right at closing time and he didn't want to play dealer games. 2. I nailed the sweet spot where he wanted his base # to be at. or 3. I paid too much =)

As I always say, if you're happy with what you spent, then it really doesn't matter. I'll try to get some pictures posted up a bit later.

For the record, if he came back at 12,700 OTD I would have walked.

P.S right before we left, the sales person told linh, boy, I bet that was the fastest most straight forward car you've ever bought, she laughed and said no, we do this a lot.

lol

Last edited:
nice :thumbsup:

dont care for the trailblazer but glad you got what you wanted at the price you wanted.

anything with all seasons/4wd > anything with 18" sport tires in the winter :D

It was trailblazer, explorer, 4runner, pathfinder, or do a truck.

The only small/midsize suv I like is the GLK350 that's it. Since that would be a very stupid move for a 2-3K mile a year car. I went with the lowest mileage/price suv I could find.

If it doesn't break down, I'll be happy with it.

Because, buying a chevy is something I thought I'd never ever do.

Iphone I'd buy but only for games lol.

Because, buying a chevy is something I thought I'd never ever do.

Iphone I'd buy but only for games lol.

I was in the same boat then the wife and I got an 06 TrailBlazer LT and loved it. Watch out for the gas guage going out. It was a factory recall so the dealer should take care of it if it hasn't been taken care of already. Other than that we love it. Then I went out and got an 08 impala which I love to death. I guess I chose the right one since my other option was an 08 camary.

It was trailblazer, explorer, 4runner, pathfinder, or do a truck.

The only small/midsize suv I like is the GLK350 that's it. Since that would be a very stupid move for a 2-3K mile a year car. I went with the lowest mileage/price suv I could find.

If it doesn't break down, I'll be happy with it.
I'm never buying a Mercedes again. I have an '00 ML 430 and has all sorts of weird little issues. Moves the baby and tows the race car, so its just OK.. I want a Dodge Ram Diesel super cab next. :)

Nice buy. I guess when one guy gets tempted by the Dark Side in Honda (me) someone gets brought into the (similarly though for different reasons) Dark Side of Chevy. Congratulations.

trailblazers are actually pretty nice..i think you got a good deal..

but if you were going for moving things..the truck would have done better..

trailblazers are actually pretty nice..i think you got a good deal..

but if you were going for moving things..the truck would have done better..

Needs to be used for a wide of range of things, one thing I HATE is a truck with a cap/cover.

I'm not into red cars, I bought the best color option out there.

BLACK

my plans are to tint the front windows 30% to match the rears, remove the silver pin strip, remove the stupid rain guards and clean it up. It's already pretty much blacked out.

Calendar13J.JPG

Remove the bling wheels and running boards and you have my truck. Although since its an 03 it has an external antenna on the rear side glass that looks just like the ones you see on police SUVs with black front windows you really can't tell if it is or is not a police car.

I'm never buying a Mercedes again. I have an '00 ML 430 and has all sorts of weird little issues. Moves the baby and tows the race car, so its just OK.. I want a Dodge Ram Diesel super cab next. :)

You couldn't give me a 00 ML or most any other late 90s early 2000s MB I wont touch them.

It's almost as risky as buying an older TL with an auto tranny.

New MBs are holding strong.

In college I lived very close to the Moraine plant that they used to build those at. Seemed like there were thousands of those things trolling around Dayton, OH.

Had an 05 Extended version. It was good to us until gas hit 3 bucks + a gallon. I even didn't mind the running boards so much because it made it easier for little people, i.e. kids, to climb in and out.

And I can't even tell there's a silver pinstripe.

Back