wut do u guys think...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryan had something like that in his s2000 if i remember correctly. pretty neat

but still an utter fucking waste of money if you have ears and know yoru car

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 27 2004, 05:30 PM
ryan had something like that in his s2000 if i remember correctly. pretty neat

but still an utter fucking waste of money if you have ears and know yoru car

he had one that chirped when he hit a certain rpm. i don't think it was sequential led's.

the sti has something like that, its a red light in the center of the tach, along with a beep beep when you hit redline.

:thumbsdown: I like the old fashion one. Heres mine......

s4084c8fb94f5b.jpg

60 dollars for a few LED's that light up- fuck that- get an rpm dependent switch from summit racing for like 10 bucks and make your own shift light

who nees a light up.......oem ex cluster works fine, we aren't racing against Mr.Force.

Is your tach broken? Because that's a pretty damn accurate "shift indicator"...Just from looking at the URL for the link, I am going to say NAY.

:thumbsdown:

Learn to know your car by the sounds, that's just my .02, I personally dislike shiftlights.

im not a drag racing fan but...

shift lights = consistency.

but

ask any real drag racer out there, whether you shift by sound or a light - shifting is shifting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Havok+Apr 27 2004, 08:14 PM-->
Is your tach broken? Because that's a pretty damn accurate "shift indicator"...Just from looking at the URL for the link, I am going to say NAY.

Are you talking to me? My tach is not broken. At the time I took the picture, the car was not running. My tach and shift light works fine.

TurboMirage
@Apr 28 2004, 06:26 AM
ask any real drag racer out there, whether you shift by sound or a light - shifting is shifting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bo: :lmao: That is a good one!!!

But to the sound shift light thingy, it would have to be very loud because when my car is hitting 8k, theirs no way I could hear a little beep. Its much easier to see a big red light in your face then to say.... "I think I herd it...."

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Apr 28 2004, 11:55 AM-->
Originally posted by Havok@Apr 27 2004, 08:14 PM
Is your tach broken?  Because that's a pretty damn accurate "shift indicator"...Just from looking at the URL for the link, I am going to say NAY.

Are you talking to me? My tach is not broken. At the time I took the picture, the car was not running. My tach and shift light works fine.

TurboMirage
@Apr 28 2004, 06:26 AM
ask any real drag racer out there, whether you shift by sound or a light - shifting is shifting.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:bo: :lmao: That is a good one!!!

But to the sound shift light thingy, it would have to be very loud because when my car is hitting 8k, theirs no way I could hear a little beep. Its much easier to see a big red light in your face then to say.... "I think I herd it...."

You will "hear it" when you overrev and the limiter kicks in. You'll also feel something, too.

I was being a smartass to the tach broken, I was simply referring to use the OEM products when all else fails. <_<

Back