Wwiii

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fbhoovals20133x5.gif

I'm never logging into Facebook again if they hate otters... They're so darn cute!

Cute_Otters_42a.jpg

Anyone else just catch that presidential address?

I find it amusing that he ended the speech with a quote from FDR in which he went on to say:
"It is true that other Nations may, as they do, enforce contrary rules of conscience and conduct. It is true that policies may be pursued under flags other than our own, but those policies are beyond our jurisdiction. Yet in our inner individual lives we can never be indifferent, and we assert for ourselves complete freedom to embrace, to profess and to observe the principles for which our flag has so long been the lofty symbol. As it was so well said by James Madison, over a century ago: "We hold it for a fundamental and inalienable truth that religion and the manner of discharging it can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence."

Might as well post the whole speech so you get it in context. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=14954

He was talking about staying out of other affairs that didn't involve us, and while many might feel that we should get involved in foreign wars, it was not what our forefathers had wanted, and we had more important things to take care of at home.

Above is the paragraph before Obama's quote...below is the paragraph 2 before (the paragraph directly before was more talk about peace with the world by not being entangled in foreign war):

In the face of this apprehension the American people can have but one concern—the American people can speak but one sentiment: despite what happens in continents overseas, the United States of America shall and must remain, as long ago the Father of our Country prayed that it might remain—unentangled and free.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but seriously, this is some crazy ass shit i just heard

Last edited:
It's cool, Russia saved out asses.

let the cold war posturing begin

Lots of money made in the stock market with the pullback. Got to love the fear index.

Back