X-mas List 2013--Yeah

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Probably things for our gym or old people stuff like house warming gifts for the new place we are moving into.

We are in our 20's and we are already at that lame stage in our life. We are now 'those people'.

I was ecstatic when my sister bought a coffee grinder and coffee maker for my birthday. I think my girlfriend may have the big O if I buy her a blender or some new pans or cooking utensils.

I feel you. Last year I got a nice big cast iron dutch oven. I was freaking stoked.

Probably things for our gym or old people stuff like house warming gifts for the new place we are moving into.

We are in our 20's and we are already at that lame stage in our life. We are now 'those people'.

I was ecstatic when my sister bought a coffee grinder and coffee maker for my birthday. I think my girlfriend may have the big O if I buy her a blender or some new pans or cooking utensils.

Sometimes the growing up part happens quick.

nice congrats on the new place

We're around the same age and live in the same state. I live with my parents. I'd trade places with you in a second, haha.

If I still lived with my parents...

Well I wouldn't still live with my parents. They'd be in jail or I'd be in jail for killing each other. We get along great, just have very different lives and ambitions. I jumped ship pretty much as soon as I could. Cost me a lot more money than my friends but gave me the freedom to grow up and independent.

nice congrats on the new place

Thanks. We're going from a 100 year old house to a 6 year old townhouse. I'm not going to know what to do with a real nice place. Next step is buying, it just would have taken too long and we sank a significant amount of money into a new business, so I'm trying to spread everything out a bit.

Also I'm glad to see we are not the only lame asses. We've been so super focused that I forgot how long its been since we went out with other people on a Friday or Saturday night.

If I still lived with my parents...

Well I wouldn't still live with my parents. They'd be in jail or I'd be in jail for killing each other. We get along great, just have very different lives and ambitions. I jumped ship pretty much as soon as I could. Cost me a lot more money than my friends but gave me the freedom to grow up and independent.
Exactly why I'm not home much. Until recently, i really didn't have a choice. The new job should afford me the option to move out, too bad I already want to quit, haha.

That's how you know its a job and not a career.
That's also how you know you're an average American and a regular ole working schmoe.

Every time I write a check for the side business, I have to whisper to myself, "remember, financial freedom." It's not easy and its not guaranteed but if it wasn't for passion and for the chance to have a sort of financial freedom that I've never known, it pushes me to take risks that otherwise would make me crap my pants.

That's how you know its a job and not a career.
That's also how you know you're an average American and a regular ole working schmoe.
I know, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

But who's going to pay me to drink, fight, and eat unhealthy food? :rimshot:

Actually my older sister is done with the rat race too. We've been bouncing ideas off each other for months. When we find something we agree on, we're going to hit the ground running.

I hope I'm at the same place you guys are once I'm your ages.

I keep trying an assortment of things. Been trying to get into the electrician apprenticeship program. Keep trying out to be a stater, have my eyes open for Boeing to post entry level jobs that apply for the aerospace assembly mechanic training I took.

Ideally I'd get into Boeing so I could use them to pay for more schooling. Next year I'll be at a point where I'll finally qualify for financial aid.

Keep dragging my feet it feels like. I could be doing worse I suppose. At least I have a nice house and a nice car, still feels like I could be doing better though.

I keep trying an assortment of things. Been trying to get into the electrician apprenticeship program. Keep trying out to be a stater, have my eyes open for Boeing to post entry level jobs that apply for the aerospace assembly mechanic training I took.

Ideally I'd get into Boeing so I could use them to pay for more schooling. Next year I'll be at a point where I'll finally qualify for financial aid.

Keep dragging my feet it feels like. I could be doing worse I suppose. At least I have a nice house and a nice car, still feels like I could be doing better though.

Don't feel like you're dragging your feet. I turn 24 in 3 months, and will graduate with a bachelor's degree when I'm 25. I never took time off of school, either. I took my time and have finally figured out what I truly want to do. It takes longer for some than it may for others.

This is a different topic but always try your best to understand what you're getting yourself into. Any Fortune 500 company's tuition reimbursement program or any management stay program is going to have teeth to it. What that means in laymens is that you're locked into staying for 3-8years, otherwise you have to pay the reimbursement back.

I'm not saying not to take advantage of that benefit but I'm saying to make sure you know what you're getting into. Successful people aren't just dreamers. Dreamers are the people with great ideas that don't have commitment or follow through. There's plenty of those on this very message board that have brilliant ideas but don't have two nickels to rub together.

One example I'll use is the career path of accountants. It's boring to tears and if you ask me and if you ask most of them, it sucks. With that said its very defined. They understand if they wade through 5-8 years of the suck, they become managers when they're at the Big 4. If they're good and they stay 8-12 years, they're partners and they're set for life.

Most people would say 'oh I can do that', start down the path, earn a poor salary, rack up bills and then ultimately change their mind, quit, and have nothing to show. Compare that to those that are strong willed enough to put their head down, shut up, and grind. That separates the winners and losers in life.

Dyson rollerball - sports car handling in a vacuum.......couldn't resist a test drive

Blah Orecks are better ....the Oreck Platinum Pilot is what we have...super light....very low maintenance...limited lifetime warranty ...10 years free service...can't beat that with a bat

I know, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

You know, I left this alone all day because I didn't want to come off as a know it all schmuck. I'm no expert and I don't know if I'm personally playing the game of life right but I've come to belief that this saying that our generation has proliferated for so long is just a large, steaming pile of crap.

I absolutely love what my girlfriend and I are building but it cannot be mistaken for anything but work. It's no longer a hobby. We don't get to turn it on and off when we want. If we want it to work, its a 24/7/365 project. It's been one set of broken promises after another. It's heart ache, its blood, sweat and tears. And most of all, its a hell of a lot of money, commitment and risk.

I wouldn't trade what I have for the world. I've come to enjoy the process. Embrace the suck. Enjoy the grind and smile that its forging a better, stronger, smarter, tougher person.

I'm thrilled but its certainly work. The girlfriend just came home after 7 hours of painting after working a full day. She's covered in red paint and all she can muster to say when I bust her chops about what has she been doing all day is give a smile, a giggle and a "I was painting... OUR GYM!"

Btw if you or any of your college friends are out by Middlesex Boro come bring us lots of money and work out. Endorphin CrossFit | DR Prescribed.

Back