Xbox 2 to use IBM's silicon processors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Link to article

and I had no idea that,
IBM is likely to modify its most advanced "G5" PowerPC silicon, which is being used in Apple Computer's fastest Macintosh desktops, for the embedded market, reducing the cache and cutting power consumption, Doherty said.

So we all hoot an holler that the G5 is fast and it's a company that mainly makes x86 based stuff, when the whole time I just figured it was motorola behind the G5

cool, i have always liked macs for graphics and sound based performance so i guess gaming is the next step. i thought the G5 was a motorola chip too.....eh

I hate X-Box all it is, is a machine for eye candy, that is all. The remote sucks ass, the first one was too big, the small one, the buttons are too close together. Then 6 buttons for your thumb, WTF. It is about 2 times as big as a Playstation 2, and it is Microsoft, I hate it.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK A PS2 IS? SONY is a conglomerate that is easily as large as microsoft. fuck sony. xbox has better games, and better developers.

Well, that is your opinion. The thing about Sony is, they make quality products unlike Microsoft. X-Box and PS2, are just like cars. X-BOX is a domestic piece of shit, that will break down, and is slow, but is nice to look at. PS2, isn't as big, smaller computer, somewhat compact, because you can stand it on its side, and it is an import, they will last forever. Also, most of the people who develop for X-BOX are Japanese company's, not American. So, once again Imports rule.

yea xbox has better games thats a laugh and a half. Halo is the only game that it has that is unique and is good.

:bs: so what does ps2 have thats a standout that isn't on another system? and what about 4 player? you need extra stuff for that.

ps2= rushed product. thats why it has such a limited memory. xbox owns, period.

I would much rather have an xbox, every sony product i've ever had has broken on me :bash: This ones for sony :kick:

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back