1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 2 to use IBM's silicon processors

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by CRX-YEM, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Link to article

and I had no idea that,
    IBM is likely to modify its most advanced "G5" PowerPC silicon, which is being used in Apple Computer's fastest Macintosh desktops, for the embedded market, reducing the cache and cutting power consumption, Doherty said.

So we all hoot an holler that the G5 is fast and it's a company that mainly makes x86 based stuff, when the whole time I just figured it was motorola behind the G5

2. CRX_Si

CRX_Si Senior Member

cool, i have always liked macs for graphics and sound based performance so i guess gaming is the next step. i thought the G5 was a motorola chip too.....eh

3. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

I hate X-Box all it is, is a machine for eye candy, that is all. The remote sucks ass, the first one was too big, the small one, the buttons are too close together. Then 6 buttons for your thumb, WTF. It is about 2 times as big as a Playstation 2, and it is Microsoft, I hate it.

4. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK A PS2 IS? SONY is a conglomerate that is easily as large as microsoft. fuck sony. xbox has better games, and better developers.

5. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Well, that is your opinion. The thing about Sony is, they make quality products unlike Microsoft. X-Box and PS2, are just like cars. X-BOX is a domestic piece of shit, that will break down, and is slow, but is nice to look at. PS2, isn't as big, smaller computer, somewhat compact, because you can stand it on its side, and it is an import, they will last forever. Also, most of the people who develop for X-BOX are Japanese company's, not American. So, once again Imports rule.

6. FFCiv

FFCiv Senior Member

yea xbox has better games thats a laugh and a half. Halo is the only game that it has that is unique and is good.

7. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

8. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

:bs: so what does ps2 have thats a standout that isn't on another system? and what about 4 player? you need extra stuff for that.

ps2= rushed product. thats why it has such a limited memory. xbox owns, period.

9. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

10. integraracing91

integraracing91 Senior Member

I would much rather have an xbox, every sony product i've ever had has broken on me :bash: This ones for sony :kick:

11. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.