Xbox 360 or PS3?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I dismiss the PS3 for my own reasons. I'm tired of arguing about it with you, I gave my opinion, you gave yours, it's what the thread was all about.

Now give it a rest.

I understand where youre coming from, I just keep bringing it up because this is a what to buy thread. the person who started this thread does not have any games for either system. You shoot down the PS3 because you already have games for the 360 and like the controllers better.

I only point out fan boy because you were quick to write off the PS3 based on saying you played it, not listing any games, and were able to write it off.

Again to the OP, both systems are good, main downside to the 360 is the system is a piece of shit that blows up at random. the upside is xbox live.

PS3 downside is the play station network while free is not as good as xbox live, the upside is a better system hardware wise.

Controllers do play a big role, some people like 360 controllers others like the PS3 controllers, its not a make or break deal but it does play a role in what system to buy.
I agree with this to an extent. I'm also one of the few here that owns both. If it's a multi-platform game, I'll get the 360 version everytime because of the controller, as well as DLC many times being exclusive or out far before. I despise the PS3 controller. All my friends/family have 360's with nobody having gotten the RROD, so good luck on our parts I guess. If I could mod the PS3 to allow me to use the 360 controller, it'd get more playtime instead of being a Bluray player.

I agree with this to an extent. I'm also one of the few here that owns both. If it's a multi-platform game, I'll get the 360 version everytime because of the controller, as well as DLC many times being exclusive or out far before. I despise the PS3 controller. All my friends/family have 360's with nobody having gotten the RROD, so good luck on our parts I guess. If I could mod the PS3 to allow me to use the 360 controller, it'd get more playtime instead of being a Bluray player.

XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus

I've yet to get a RROD, my drives keep failing or the system just locks up and throws up an error code. So far it's all been under warranty but its still a PITA.

XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus

I've yet to get a RROD, my drives keep failing or the system just locks up and throws up an error code. So far it's all been under warranty but its still a PITA.
I'll have to look into that(and get a wired controller). I had heard about a hack if running Linux that allows you to use a wired controller, but supposedly wouldn't actually wotk with PS3 games. :rolleyes:

Remember when my video card failed? I can chaulk that up to use. I put at least 50 days worth of online COD4 play into it (looking at it, I have 60 days between both names into this game online *sigh*), let alone all the solo missions in various games I played.

I'm not blaming microsoft for the one problem I experienced. You use stuff, its going to fail eventually. Other than that, I've had no problems with the 360. I'd get a PS3, but again, whats the point for me?

I think dveit is intelligent enough to take an opinion for what its worth, look into and research on his own accord enough to find out which system he wants to invest in regardless, and also because of, anyone's opinion here.

Not that this is a PS3 or Xbox, But I used to play FF online and I had well over 350 days logged.. not idle.. and that ps2 made it through all of and still plays shit now.. I got it the day it came out. Friends that came to my apt played it constantly too. It's probably been played and average of 5 hours a day. At minimum. Yours still has a lot of time. Tell me in five more years if hard play time if it still works. Nobody can deny that Microsoft has some quality control/engineering issues. Let's just put that to rest now.

Yeah my PS2 still works. I'm not denying the 360s have horrible quality problems.

Amen to that. However i still just keep getting em fixed.............sounds like my car lol. Not that Honda has any issues its just an older car.

I have a charge pack, but they don't send out info. Same reason I can't use it on my PC. If I plug it into my pc, it'll recognize it but not actually do anything.

Side note:
Phantasy Star II is now in the arcade for 400 points. Hello childhood memories.

I've taken everyone's opinions into consideration and I expected that people would have preferences and dedication to a certain system. Each has their own fan base or "fan boys" as Jeffie calls them.

As some of you had said that the controller was the selling point, I just don't see how such a small thing as a controller would be the difference.

I really liked the performance of the PS3 and Blu-ray player, and honestly, I probably would have bought one if corvetteguy didn't offer me such a good price for his 360 :)

All in all, I am happy with my purchase though. I can see why you all love your 360s and I have already beaten Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero:WT, and a good bit way through Oblivion (long ass game).

I'll buy a PS3 eventually because I think that the 360 will be heading toward the end of its lifeline within the next couple of years and the PS3 is just BEGINNING its capabilities.

Thanks for all the input guys. Continue the bickering :p

I've taken everyone's opinions into consideration and I expected that people would have preferences and dedication to a certain system. Each has their own fan base or "fan boys" as Jeffie calls them.

As some of you had said that the controller was the selling point, I just don't see how such a small thing as a controller would be the difference.

I really liked the performance of the PS3 and Blu-ray player, and honestly, I probably would have bought one if corvetteguy didn't offer me such a good price for his 360 :)

All in all, I am happy with my purchase though. I can see why you all love your 360s and I have already beaten Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero:WT, and a good bit way through Oblivion (long ass game).

I'll buy a PS3 eventually because I think that the 360 will be heading toward the end of its lifeline within the next couple of years and the PS3 is just BEGINNING its capabilities.

Thanks for all the input guys. Continue the bickering :p
If you're a woman, or child, the controller is fine. But it feels like Fischer-Price made it, it's tiny, not ergonomic, the sticks have no resistance, they just suck.

Back