Xbox 360 playable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Just a FYI, for those who have been living under a rock, if you go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy, they have an Xbox 360 with playable demos for Call of Duty 2 and Kameo. Granted, I was playing on a plasma T.V., but it looked amazing, equalling or surpassing that of a 1,500 dollar computer. Call of Duty 2 is great, but it belongs with the mouse and keyboard FPS. Perfect Dark, however could be the next Halo. Overall, it looks great, I will probably pick one up, and sell my old Xbox. I'm still hoping they make DVI or HDMI inputs, the best right now is component.

You can't just decide now to drop everything and get one, they've been backordered for months...or do you have connections...

OR you could just walk into a fucking store when it's released. We have 3 Wal-Marts within 15 minutes open 24 hours, I WILL have one on Nov. 22nd if I choose to. The only place majorly backordered is Software Etc, Gamestop, whatever the fuck they call themselves this month.

Quoted post[/post]]
OR you could just walk into a fucking store when it's released. We have 3 Wal-Marts within 15 minutes open 24 hours, I WILL have one on Nov. 22nd if I choose to. The only place majorly backordered is Software Etc, Gamestop, whatever the fuck they call themselves this month.
There's a ton of good details on the Best Buy releases of the Xbo 360 at http://360updates.qj.net/ . That's where I'll be picking mine up.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i'm holding out for ps3
im with you I HATE xbox after mine "over heated" one night of leaving it on..I can leave my ps2 on for a week without shutting it off and it still runs fine...I hate xbox...POS!

mine shuts off after like 2/3 days of leaving it on. maybe it has something to do with the magic2 modchip. dunno. i just wired in a bigger fan and it doesnt do that anymore. had to cut some of the inner plastic out :)

I modded my snatch-box and it will do everything the 360 will with the exception of online play...microsoft doesn't look too kindly on stealing...

Holding out for a PS3. Plus, $400 for an upgraded XBOX with a shitty DS2-rip off controller is refuckingdonkulous. I'd get one, but I'm waiting for the price to go down.

Funny thing is - at my local EB, you can buy XBOX 360 accessories, but not the actual console.....odd.

Eh, to me, Halo 3 will be worth it all. The PS3 will of course be superior, but Microsoft is trying to do what Sony did with the PS2--get all the developers/producers it can. The Xbox SYSTEM was superior, but the PS2 library was a lot better overall.

Hmmm. Maybe I should upgrade from my PS1 sometime. Too bad I won't have enough for the 360. Plus, I'm not a big gamer, but I really like Halo and the Splinter Cell games, and Theif, so maybe I should just get a used Xbox.

Back