xbox 360 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

...lmao

maybe your shit just sucked..

Why i got ps3... plus the proven fact of the 360's higher failure rate.

qLJXp.png

My "shit" is just fine. It's like trying to talk sense into a lamp post. There is a speed and ping difference between wired and wireless, how are you not understanding that? Maybe once the new wireless is common(is it an N signal?), it'll be different. But as of now, playing games wirelessly sucks. If you're playing something slow, yeah no problem, but for FPS, sports, fighting etc... you need a much faster response time than what wireless provides for it to not be terrible.

but the difference is so small it don't matter... so why run wires everywhere? i play cod4 and 5 online with no issues. i watch videos and movies streaming from my pc and online with no issues. so why would i wanna run wires?

Plus why pay extra to get raped by Microsoft? They keep the base price on there system to trick buyers. by the time you add on everything you get with ps3 you've payed more.

but the difference is so small it don't matter... so why run wires everywhere? i play cod4 and 5 online with no issues. i watch videos and movies streaming from my pc and online with no issues. so why would i wanna run wires?

Plus why pay extra to get raped by Microsoft? They keep the base price on there system to trick buyers. by the time you add on everything you get with ps3 you've payed more.
It does matter. There was a very noticeable difference between wireless and wired when I tried to play online.

What the fuck are you talking about? That graph you posted is bullshit for both sides. The Elite dropped to $299 the same time the slim came down, but whoever made the graph decided to leave the old price. You could get an HDMI cable from monoprice.com for only a couple of bucks so take that off of the PS3 price. Take the wireless adapter off of the 360 since it's not necessary and not wanted by the majority. Also XBL is worth the cost if you're playing. You can get a 12+1 card for $30.

Seriously though, anybody spending $40+ on an HDMI cable deserves blunt force trauma to their skull.

Just be glad I am not your neighbor... I unlock "locked" wireless in my Backtrack 3 Linux Distro via my Laptop. Takes a matter of three minutes to crack a WEP Code. Wireless has no Security sadly and it does not support higher speeds either. I would want to get the most out of my gameplay online rather than fighting with wireless lags and interruptions from other signals. I am running a wireless router for my laptop with a cable to my Xbox. Enjoy and Post your GT when you are online!!

Whoever made that graph is retarded, I bought a Pro and it came with the HDMI cable...

I still don't understand why people include the 50 in there for online play. It ends up being 14 CENTS per day. If you can't afford that, you're not buying any gaming system anyway.

Edit: My Arcade came with a headset as well. I'd stop looking at graphs from retards if I were you and do your own research prior to trying to prove something about the PS3.

Last edited:
Just be glad I am not your neighbor... I unlock "locked" wireless in my Backtrack 3 Linux Distro via my Laptop. Takes a matter of three minutes to crack a WEP Code. Wireless has no Security sadly and it does not support higher speeds either. I would want to get the most out of my gameplay online rather than fighting with wireless lags and interruptions from other signals. I am running a wireless router for my laptop with a cable to my Xbox. Enjoy and Post your GT when you are online!!

2 things. What do you do with that backtrack cd if the router is patched to not send unauthenticated packets (what airplay does)? What do you do if someone is smart and runs in G only mode to basically nullify the functionality of your prism card?

Also, WPA is vastly more secure than WEP (as long as it's in AES mode) and most modern routers (sold within the last 5 years) support it. So really...what are you getting out of this other than being a douche bag to your neighbors.

Script kiddies bother me.

2 things. What do you do with that backtrack cd if the router is patched to not send unauthenticated packets (what airplay does)? What do you do if someone is smart and runs in G only mode to basically nullify the functionality of your prism card?

Also, WPA is vastly more secure than WEP (as long as it's in AES mode) and most modern routers (sold within the last 5 years) support it. So really...what are you getting out of this other than being a douche bag to your neighbors.

Script kiddies bother me.

I concur!

And as for this thread turning into a pissing match over PS3 and 360 wireless you guys are all leaving out a shit load of factors. Distance, router, make up of your walls, floors and ceiling. The amount of gear you have on your wire already, weather or not your roommate or whatever is fapping in the next bedroom.

so anyone want to tell me where in the PS3 setup is for wifi :)

oh, i'm running N... one wall, distance is about 15 feet, and my wii and laptop are the only ones on the N.

dont quote me on this but i think the ps3 runs on G.

Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection Settings

my tag OVERKILLfst, the only games i have so far are nfs shift and call of duty world at war.

Last edited:
will do, im so rusty on racing games im all over the track for now lol

Back