Xbox 360

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
So I decided to see if I could pick up an Xbox 360 tonight at Walmart. The store I went to got 12 Core systems and 4 Premiums. I really only wanted the good Premium setup. But there were only two seats left and just for the Core system, so I said "ehh.. might as well get one". An hour and a half later a kid offers ANYONE $100 for their spot. No one took it up except for me. $100 cash for sitting in line for 90 minutes playing PSP. I think I need to make a career out of this =)

So now I'll just get up at 3am and camp at Best Buy to get a Premium system.

I don't understand why people can't just sit there and wait till later on to pick one up.

When the PS2 first came out, my cousin was working at Target and he saw someone offer another person $1000 for his PS2 when he walked out with it, the guy said "no." what a dumb shit, could of just waited another 2 weeks or so and had $700 left over. I won my PS2 when I was working at KFC in our Christmas raffle. I sold it to some dumb ass for $450. So I waited maybe 3 weeks or so and bought one at Circuit City and had money to buy myself a game and a radio for my car.

Look at the going price on ebay for the premium system. My roommate and I are going to Sam's Club tomorrow at 7 am before they open to the public (he has a business card that grants access before the store opens) so we are each getting one, going to ebay them for 700-800 apiece. Bling Bling.

my buddy called me at 630 and said he was in line at sams club since 3 and is getting a preminum system. he had already bought and paid for one at game stop, but they told him that he wasnt getting one of the first ones so he got mad and decieded to wait inline to get one somewhere else.

some people crack me up cause they have to get the first systems, I am going to try his out first to see if I even want a xbox 360, i am sure they will drop in price once the ps3 comes out.

:laugh: my buddy has over a grand tied up in a xbox 360 with games and extra contollers and shit

I'm not interested in it yet...

Just like when PS2 came out.. I didn't get my PS2 until last year. And I only got it because I bought a few bins when I worked at Tristate Auction and a PS2 happened to be in there. I think I paid $35 for the entire room. :shrug2:

When I find one or the price drops, then maybe I'll get one, but I want it when its cheap and a huge array of games are available.

I'd buy one when it comes down to like $150 in 6 months

Yeah, I can't bring myself to spend 400 bucks on one. Not to mention I haven't seen any games for it except ChromeHounds that really catches my attention.

cool deal on the cash for your spot. :p

but yeah, i can't see spending it either....

i really just want ps3 anyway

Even better.... I camped out at ShopKo this morning and was number two in line to get a system. Picked up a Premium, which was next to impossible to do. I think in the whole town only 25 Premiums were sold between two Walmarts, Best Buy, two Targets, ShopKo, and KMart. And the $100 from last night paid for a game and extra controller.

Quoted post[/post]]
cool deal on the cash for your spot. :p

but yeah, i can't see spending it either....

i really just want ps3 anyway
hell ya B thats what im waiting for also lol....ya I saw a demo at wal-mart..holy shit call of duty 2 looks real! it was on a high def screen and it was crazy graphics! Almost made me want to buy one. Microsoft is only sending out a certain amount to the stores and they can't get anymore in until after christmas. Thats why people were paying for spots....

Got mine woooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Still in box though :cry: Had to sleep for work where I am now.

But 5 day weekend coming. :mrgreen:

the price wont drop in 6 months. it takes longer then that for game systems.

plus halo 3 is scheduled to release in 6 months at the same time as ps3. there would be no reason for ms to drop the price on the 360.

Quoted post[/post]]
So I decided to see if I could pick up an Xbox 360 tonight at Walmart. The store I went to got 12 Core systems and 4 Premiums. I really only wanted the good Premium setup. But there were only two seats left and just for the Core system, so I said "ehh.. might as well get one". An hour and a half later a kid offers ANYONE $100 for their spot. No one took it up except for me. $100 cash for sitting in line for 90 minutes playing PSP. I think I need to make a career out of this =)

So now I'll just get up at 3am and camp at Best Buy to get a Premium system.
they are reselling on ebay for $1000-$1500. my friend is getting one tonight that he reserved and throwing it on ebay. he said he could wait a few weeks for an extra $600-$900.

Back