Xbox 360

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my brother got one and is gonna ebay it for mad cash. wish i would have done the same :cry: i could use the cash

That's a fucking shame. I had a coupel g's last month. I should have ordered a few.

MS is actually really smart. They knew exactly what was going to happen.

It's always risky buying the first console released...I believe PS2 had a lens problem when they came out, people reported that the laser lens would burn out or go dead.

Microsoft products? Crashing? Say it aint so!

I'm still happy with my PS1... 142 games (to date) Waiting for the slim PS2 to become common in the used pile and then I go for those games.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's always risky buying the first console released...I believe PS2 had a lens problem when they came out, people reported that the laser lens would burn out or go dead.

The 1st batch or two (I have one of the launch consoles) had a problem where Sony used a plastic sprocket instead of a metal one that would somehow cause the system to get DREs (disc read errors). There were several writeups on how to fix it yourself though because most of the time it would start going bad shortly after the warrantee period was over.

Wow $1200? Damn. Gotta love those eBay duds!

I think the prices will come down shortly after the Christmas rush, maybe around February or March.

A guy at work took the entire day off to pick up and play his new XBox 360. The people that had to cover for him really hated him. Insane.

The prices are dropping already...The average price is still like 700-800, but that's a far cry from 1300-1400 they were 36 hours ago.

i saw an interview with some ms vp and they were asking him about shortages.
he said that xbox's will continue to be streamed in on a daily basis throughout the holiday season and that the factories are making the maxmimum amount of xbox's every day in order to keep up with demands.

:bs: on his part. Microsoft had to have known that people were going to go apeshit over this. The PSP didn't have this problem when they came out, and people were buying those like crazy.

why would microsoft let consumers maximize on profit by selling xbox on ebay for 1200 bucks? how does that help ms make money? all they made was the original 400. they knew there was gonna be a huge craze, in order to capitalize on it they need the most units they can produce.

the psp didnt have this problem because the handheld market is nowhere close to as big as the console market. take 10 people and ask how many will spend 400 bucks for a brand new console system. then ask how many will spend 300 for a handheld. it would be a drastic difference.

i think we will see in the coming days/weeks that there will be plenty of xbox's, ms is all about making money.

Quoted post[/post]]
Microsoft only released 25,000 to each company, no exceptions. That's all they made for their first run.

Quoted post[/post]]
geez for those prices, you can build a bad ass computer right that would probably be much faster than the xbox . but then again, probably wont get some of the game titles. however, ive noticed that a lot of the games are going multi-platform like doom3, quake4, halflife2, halo, etc.. and basically all the EA games, at least the NFS, are avaliable for the PC too. ah well.

damn shouldve waited in-line too. i wouldnt mind making a cool 1000. i mean shit, 6-7hrs, thats more than 100/hr. thats more than ill probably ever make.

Nope. It's more powerful than any computer on the market, the ATI video card isn't even available yet.
:rollseyes: And my PC still looks and runs games better.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Microsoft only released 25,000 to each company, no exceptions. That's all they made for their first run.

Quoted post[/post]]
geez for those prices, you can build a bad ass computer right that would probably be much faster than the xbox . but then again, probably wont get some of the game titles. however, ive noticed that a lot of the games are going multi-platform like doom3, quake4, halflife2, halo, etc.. and basically all the EA games, at least the NFS, are avaliable for the PC too. ah well.

damn shouldve waited in-line too. i wouldnt mind making a cool 1000. i mean shit, 6-7hrs, thats more than 100/hr. thats more than ill probably ever make.

Nope. It's more powerful than any computer on the market, the ATI video card isn't even available yet.
:rollseyes: And my PC still looks and runs games better.

I bought 2 and MADE 400.00. How much did you spend on your PC? :)

Hmmm, less than you guys will on Xboxs and games in the next few years, not too mentiopn I can do ten times more shit with it, and I can render games with more than 2xAA. Xbox 360 looks like a dogs ass. The games I have seen look like absolute shit. CoD looks sooooo much better on PC, and BF2:MC, hahaha what a joke.

If you can make a bunch of money scamming morons, keep it up, but I ain't spending a red cent on that farce.

Don't get me wrong, with enough money, a PC will ALWAYS be better and run smoother than a console. I myself prefer consoles, though, I'm not a hardcore PC gamer, I will always prefer consoles to PC's. To each their own, IMO it's just wierd playing sports games on a PC.

Back