Xbox people

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jun 25 2004, 12:00 PM
Crap! How could I forgot about Steel Battalion! This is the controller for the game:

5513_2004-03-22_controller.jpg

Sorry about the pic size, but a big pic for a big controller. :)

also costs close to $200 <_<

Dude your have to mod your xbox you will love it.

You can download all the new games and burn them onto a DVD-R or goto blockbuster and save the games to your harddrive (of course your gonna need a bigger HD) With a 70 dollar modchip and about 100 dollars for another HD you will soon pay it off in about 2-3 games..

Or if your lazy you can goto consolebackups.net and order them for 5 dollars a peice

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Jun 27 2004, 04:17 PM

You can download all the new games and burn them onto a DVD-R or goto blockbuster and save the games to your harddrive (of course your gonna need a bigger HD) With a 70 dollar modchip and about 100 dollars for another HD you will soon pay it off in about 2-3 games..

Or if your lazy you can goto consolebackups.net and order them for 5 dollars a peice

im intrigued. oh coarse this is illegal right? has anyone done this and how hard is it to do it.

Originally posted by SolPWR+Jun 27 2004, 08:13 PM-->
@Jun 27 2004, 04:17 PM

im intrigued. oh coarse this is illegal right? has anyone done this and how hard is it to do it.

if you have an v1.0-1.5 xbox, installing a mod chip is cake...just a few wires to solder

swapping a hard drive is as easy as doing it with a computer...

however if you have a v1.6 xbox it wont work, because the bios hasnt been hacked yet

i've played on a hacked xbox. works perfect except xbox live.
but i've read there's like a switch to different partitions so you can load normal xbox or the hacked version.
when you start up, you have the option to copy a game to harddrive, play a list of whatever games are copied, or a ton of other options. it's really cool

i actually just got an x-box...gotta have Halo, almost a prerequisite if you own an x-box...i only have 3 games right now, but all three are fun as hell...Halo, MVP Baseball 2004, and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King...i would have Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but i got it for pc and have played thru it four times already, but if you haven't played it, definitely look into it.

looking forward most to Forza Motorsport, looks badass and beautiful, it actually has several licensed cars gt4 WONT have...including ferraris and the traditionally difficult-to-license Porsche...all about Madden 2005 w/ XBOX LIVE SUPPORT!!! that's gonna rock.

also gotta look forward to Halo 2 and Star Wars: KOTOR 2 The Sith Lords...actually the main reason i got an xbox was to get Fable when it comes out...also another RPG comin out is called Jade Empire and it looks to be badass too and you can't beat another Doom comin out (the third in the series)

yeah im pretty much a videogame nerd... :ph34r:

I don't have 5 favorite games for the XBox but the two that I really like are Halo and RalliSport Challenge 2.

I don't have 5 favorite games for the XBox but the two that I really like are Halo and RalliSport Challenge 2.

Anticipating:
Forza Motorsport and Halo 2.

halo
mech assult
NBA street volume 2
outlaw volleyball
soilders of fortune II
sega GT online

game i am waiting for
halo 2

XBOX live is the shit.
gamertag- shortbusrebel07

with the HD how does this work? does it DL the whole game without using a disc?

Im thinking...

buy a 200gb HD
DVD's are about 4.7gb
total DL games on HD 42
pick from a list and play

is that right?

also blockbuster has that flip it card with $49 you can rent as many games as you want for a month? would this be worth it?

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jun 30 2004, 02:20 AM
also blockbuster has that flip it card with $49 you can rent as many games as you want for a month? would this be worth it?

It's for 3 months, so you could rent the max amount of games allowed to burn on a HD within that time.

blockbust had the same thing but $20 a month, which i liked better. if there's a month of downtime for good releases, you're not stuck. i don't like being obligated 3 months

but yeah, games download directly to the hd. you never need the disc again, unless you want to play online. then you need to move teh switch so your xbox works normally and you have to play from the disc or else MS will detect you and ban you for life.

i got my PS2 to play online all my friends and cuz have PS2

where do youj get the Xbox mod?

and what program is good to "Backup" DVD's? or even games?

Back