xbox ps2 gc...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

hardware is free, only $30 a month, never go to the store buy games just DL them. supports any games. did i mention hardware is free? Phantom

So you pay $360 a year.... still not worth it for some people when you can buy a console for $150 or less and games for $30-40 each.

3.0 GHz, d/l or rent games, can hold any pc program....yea y get it when i have a computer but it would be banging for my dorm or trips

The Phantom is just that, a phantom of the gaming industry... Even though they produced a so called 'prototype' at E3 dosen't mean it's legitimate... I'm sticking with the original scandal and saying it'll never come out, that it was never going to come out.

I see the Phantom flopping like Dreamcast, you have to pay $360 a year, not counting the rental's you can download, or the price of games you buy. I would rather pay a one time $300 for a PS2 and go to the store and get games, at least there you can ask and talk about the games if you aren't sure what you want.

Phantom is basically... CRAP. Growing up with video games, and working in the industry (in particular, sales), I developed an instinct of what's good and what suck which I'm about 95% of the time right. This will SUCK, and I'm 100% sure. This is for serveral reasons.

--It's suppose to be upgradeable (at least orginially it was suppose to be, donno if it still is). In the history of video games, any thing that is upgradeable, not too many will upgrade it. (32X, Sega CD, to some case PS2 Network Adapter / Hard Drive). From a programming point of view, it affects it by not making it a close system, which will make it almost like a PC, ie extremely buggy. From a marketing point of view, you want to hit the majority of the mass, and that will be the initial hardware configuration.

--Bad marketing. Since this device lets you download new games, instead of having to go out and buy them, this would put an end to retail. Now, because of that, how many buyers for major retailers are going to pick it up, especially if they major source of income comes from games.

--The company is founded by 3 lawyers. Lawyers?!?! Where is the gaming passion??? (yes I know Microsoft & Sony are in it for the money, but at least the people heading the gaming department have a gaming passion like Nintendo) Granted, it's possible that they love gaming, but I have a felling no. Plus, let me remind you of another technology / entertainment company that was own by lawyers (along with Circuit City), DIVX. And no, not the codec.

There probably more, but I'm too tired to think of them. Hmm... I wonder if this qualifies as a rant??? :unsure:
:p

so basically, they want us to shell out 29.99 a month (one ps2 or xbox game purchase off of ebay, or 5 game rentals from blockbuster)
for games that NOBODY has heard of ?????????????

what a fucking rip. 29.99 a month for games you never even heard of?

i feel sorry for the attorney's investors :lol:

Back