Xbox video problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
the other day i was playing Forz on my Xbox and the picture was fine. today i go to play it and the video looks "washed out" on the game and on DVDs as well. what the hell could have done this? i made sure everything was plugged in good and they were and my tv is NOT messed up because the tv video is normal. am i going to have to take this sonofabitch to get fixed? oh and i dont play online but i bought the Xbox from a buddy of mine about a year or so ago and i believe he did.

:helpsmilie:

Never heard of that..I'm on my 2nd Xbox, they tend to have problems with the CD drive...find a nerd who will open it up and replace the CD drive, like I did.

im not afraid of opening the Xbox and doing the work myself, but did he use a DVD drive? lemme know cause i THINK i have one laying around somewhere i can use.

I didn't have the same problem, mine randomly ejected and gave me a dirty disc error (which is common)

im more of a Microsoft person. i wouldnt know how to use Linux or any other OS. i tried a Mac once and i hated it.

anywho, i tried a lens cleaner and blew some air into the dvd/game slot on the Xbox and that didnt work. a guy at EB Games said to try that and to get a new A/V cable which is next for me to get. i just hope i dont have to get a new fuckin Xbox cause i cant afford one right now.

I'd probably trade that drive out. I don't know how you would install the right drivers if you put in a different brand, or if it matters. I know Windows can boot from any CD drive, but you have to install the drivers once the OS system is up and running. :shrug2:

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Sep 23 2005, 02:41 PM
get a new A/V cable
[post=559460]Quoted post[/post]​

yup.

a friend of mine has a hack were he can store games on his HD, hes got a hundred somthing GB hard drive and records the actual game to his xbox like you would a cd

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Sep 23 2005, 02:26 PM
Do you care for any OS? You hate Microsoft. You hate Mac. You dont love Linux-or do you?
[post=559412]Quoted post[/post]​

fedora core 4 is nice :) thanks 92b16vx :)

there's always the walmart swapout. go but a new xbox with cash, take the new one, return the old one, and get your money back. walmart returns it, gets credit, and they don't lose money. just microsoft :)

You probably blew your video card. Thats what happened in one of my old computers (and an Xbox is a pretty regular computer inside).

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 25 2005, 01:06 PM
there's always the walmart swapout. go but a new xbox with cash, take the new one, return the old one, and get your money back. walmart returns it, gets credit, and they don't lose money. just microsoft :)
[post=560075]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 25 2005, 03:14 PM-->
@Sep 25 2005, 01:06 PM

[post=560150]Quoted post[/post]​

You wouldn't believe how many times I've done that at Walmart :p

Originally posted by Prowler+Sep 26 2005, 07:49 AM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 25 2005, 03:14 PM
Prowler
@Sep 25 2005, 01:06 PM

[post=560150]Quoted post[/post]​

You wouldn't believe how many times I've done that at Walmart :p
[post=560394]Quoted post[/post]​

used to do the same thing with PS2's, until our local walmart got smart and started checking S/N's. well, then we just swapped out the guts. :)

I once ordered a generic Xbox dvd playback kit off of ebay for $13 shipped. Went to walmart, bought the real $20 one, and returned the crap unit. Good times...

im still on my first xbox from 3 years ago its only been dropped on solid cement so it sumtymes makes a click noise but other wise ive never had any problem wit the xbox no like freezing or errors really except the dirty disc other wise its been perfectly fine but the washed out screen ...... im not really sure about .it sounds likea video card within the xbox or w.e b4 u go and spend the money to fix the drive try gettin the video card looked at

Back