Xp question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Ok, so a while back I got every virus known to man (for computers you sick fucks) and had to dump my system and reinstall it all. So my brother in law comes over and reinstalls Xp pro because he has a version with all the upgrades and patchs already. Well, he didn't tell me it was in German till after the whole computer and all my programs had been reinstalled :( So now I can read half the shit on here, and it is annoying.

My question is, reinstallation disc for Xp pro from a guy at work, does anyone know if this will fix it, and how do I do it?

It is for a machine that has Xp pro on it, and not for reinstallation of programs and drivers.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2004, 06:46 PM
Regional Settings icon in Control Panel.

i bet you have EN already on there

:( Already done that. Some stuff is in English, but the important workings are in German. All drop down menus are in German, (not programs like PS, but the computers)

OMG, i totally can't help you... and this might be post whoring but... the same shit is happening to me ...

So my brother in law comes over and reinstalls Xp pro because he has a version with all the upgrades and patchs already. Well, he didn't tell me it was in German till after the whole computer and all my programs had been reinstalled So now I can read half the shit on here, and it is annoying.

:bo: I feel your pain brother... I think our German is pretty much the same, i can read and understand everything... but when it comes to computer stuff, car stuff or anything technical, i am lost!

just put the US version XP cd in the drive, and install over it IE upgrade.

should take care of it, if not - you wont lose anything, but just incase you should ALWAYS backup your shit. im sure nero is in english. :D

i d/led a japanese version of win2k pro and had to do the same thing, but it worked when i finally got a US version of 2kp.

home vs pro you really won't notice a difference.

the major deal is that pro allows to be conencted to a LAN domain.... and home cannot. thats really about it.

s403515d813894.jpg

Back