XSI swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

demetrius316

Hi everyone I need some help.I just got my xsi swap yesterday.I need some help on finding axels and engine harness.One of my friend at work said I can use my d16 harness on the b16 engine.Is the true that i can used a d16z6 harness on the b16a engine.Also where can i go to get the axels and how do you hook up a cable transmission.Thanks

Use your D series harness.

For the axles you need to get...
94-00 Integra LS/GSR/ITR/RS
94-97 DelSol VTEC (specify from the DOHC model, some can't comprehend that it came in two models with vtec, one SOHC, and one DOHC)
99-00 Si

The axles and halfshaft from any of these will work.

For the tranny, you have two choices. One my favorite, sell the cable transmission and get a hydraulic transmission, since that is what your car uses, and will be easiesr to install.

Or go to www.hasport.com and plunk down some cash for a cable to hydraulic conversion kit.

And first you need to make sure that the motor is OBD I, not OBD 0.

If it is OBD 0, you will need to use the injectors that are in your car now, and find an OBD I distributor.

You can find the date on the head, on the leftside there is a sequence of numbers the left two are the date. Also you can look for the color of the plugs on the motor, grey is OBD I+ white are OBD 0.

The swap motor is odb 0 the motor in my civic is odb1.So I will need to put my d series injector in the b16 in order to get my d series harness to work.What is that cable transmission worth.

LS trans sucks, if you can get a b16 or GSR.

GSR is one of the best, has the best all around gears.
B16 is pretty close but will still be much better than the LS.

Just remember it has to be a hydro.

They do make kits for the hydro-cable trans conversion, I wouldn't reccomend it but it can be done for a couple hundred.

one the differential is a little chewed up, it hasn't effected anything but its still a problem, I haven't actually driven it for more than 20 miles with this trans so i dunno what else is wrong.

The other one needed synchros, which I put in and now it shifts and works perfect. It's the one I'm using now.

If I did get rid of one I would need another to replace it.

Back