Y.a.l.a.m.c.t.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cjvictoria

Yet another look at my car thread!

The first two of these I did were for my 04 Neon, and then my 90 CRX Si. This time not much has changed from the latter.

1989 CRX Si, lots of miles but runs good... it's ok cuz I got it SUPER cheap. In the next few months I'll be working on the fuel system, and brakes first. I have an intake laying around somewhere in my shed too for starters.

Now I regret selling all my leftovers from the last one... Anyways I actually found a decent job (at a local steel mill) and will surely have a chance to do it all right this time.

As another update, I am now the proud parent of a beautiful baby girl. I couldn't be more proud of her too, she even holds her own head up. It's been a while since I logged on, but only because of the accident in 2010... I really could have died and it just freaked me out. Thank God for seatbelts.

BTW Injen78 is a fag

j/k mang

Attachments

• CIMG3356.JPG
    CIMG3356.JPG
    462.4 KB · Views: 329
  • CIMG3353.JPG
    CIMG3353.JPG
    596 KB · Views: 312
  • CIMG3351.JPG
    CIMG3351.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 317
  • CIMG3350.JPG
    CIMG3350.JPG
    743.7 KB · Views: 317
Damn... tough crowd... i know it's kinda rough, but it is a project. not really streetable right now. I have it in the shop to be checked out. It runs but the battery died, so im gonna put a new alternator on it. The one on it looks like shit to be honest and i just don't trust it. I'll probably get a new battery also just so I have a good place to start, and get it running better. If it will cost too much I'm just going to park it and pull the motor, work on suspension and brakes until mid-January and get an ls swapped in, possibly ls-vtec.

too bad, i got home at night because i bought the car after work. now its in the shop so cant take pics right now. thanks for the bullshit label too, i really give a shit what everyone thinks...:fuckyou:

glad to see youre alive, and the new project looks like a good start. tske good care of it :)

thanks man. you're actually right though. this crx has a 5x cleaner body than my last one, the only 3 dents are on replaceable (bolt-on) parts and the dash (minus guage cluster) and privacy trunk cover are in great condition and not chopped up and mangled.

One thing that sucks ass though is that the moon roof panel will need to be replaced or chopped up to use for a carbon fiber/fiberglass one. The moon roof does work though unlike my lil blue.

The panel is punctured, but taped over for now. A gun was mistakenly discharged by one of the previous owners, resulting in a 1.5 inch diameter hole lol

My car is officially a gunshot victim. I could make a bad joke right now. But I wont.
Edit: so i did, but in the form of a picture.

1248234265999.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see you back on. Good luck with the build. Those cars are becoming more rare by the day. I'm looking forward to better pics of a fixed up car:)

I'm going to get a wave of parts here soon, and install them all soon. Not necessarily in order here:

Tune up + some change- Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Alternator and Alt Belt, Spark Wires, Throttle Body,

the second wave:
FPR, Fuel Pump,Distributor, New Battery, New Ignition System, New Sensors, Brake Overhaul, Suspension Overhaul, Bushings, and maybe the A6 Head from baserloks

EDIT - For all you guys either doing part-outs or just selling stuff lying around LMK If you have any of those parts. I'm only interested in fresh parts, but am willing to pay for what I get when quality is reasonable.

Other than the engine parts I need Seats, a Steering Wheel, and Door Panels.

I might just strip the vinyl off the messed up parts and fill it then wrap them with carbon fiber at some point. If anyone somewhat local wants a pair after they see the finished product, I may be persuaded to make more.

I haz planz. And the money to do it finally! I would like to begin this build by thanking God for everything. The last year has totally turned my life around. I finally found a great job. Let alone any job really.... If I work 5 days per week for the next month it should all be finished by mid-January, and even then I'll still have all the money I need plus some change. Expect great things my friends.

Last edited:
It says on the MSD site that the ignition can be used on various engines.. Is that true? If I can use it then hell yeah I'll buy it.

By wiring do you mean the wiring for hooking up the ignition, or for plug wires?

It comes with the wiring required to power it and wiring to the distributor / coil but that's as far as I can help you with. Remember, my mitsus come with an internal coil. The distributor actually had to be modified for use. Yours will be different...

oh, would you stfu I dont have to prove shit

Holy crap.....calm down, please. The comment he made is a very very very common forum comment.

Be more like the reed and less like the oak.
Now if someone is being a real dick....give it to him but I think the sensitivity meter needs to be turned down a little.

hit me up on PM if you are interested in the MSD.

Back