y kant sellairitee reed ? (AKA /][//[]\\][/\\)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

So I had the strangest day , and wound me up in the hospital. It's like an episode of House.

I get to work today, and I have a tiny pressure on the temples of my head. Not even a headache. So I sit at my machine, and boot it up. I'm logging into systems and opening IM windows when suddenly..

My left hand disappears. The keyboard is still there, but my hand disappears. I look at my hand, and it's there again. But when I look at my hand, my left monitor disappears. I look back up, and it reappears.

Strange. So I start paying attention. My keyboard begins to change. I look at the right side of the keyboard, and I see qwerty. Then I stare, and it corrects.

I look at my screen, and the strangest feeling of my life comes over me ----- I can't Read.

Like, I CAN'T FUCKING READ. I see characters, but they all look arabic. Just lines and dashes and curves... can't make anything out. Everything is crisp and clear. I can't read.

I decide it's best to go to the hospital. Luckily, I work at a Hospital, so help is only a call away. So I begin to evaluate the situation. My blindspot (We all have blindspots) has taken over my left eye. I close my right eye and I can see - I can walk around I can do just fine - But things like _desks_, _People_, Doors and windows are literally vanishing before my eyes. I open my right eye and close my left, and I'm ok.

So I go to the optometry office across town (on my bike.. right eye open) and it turns out (after lots of testing) that I had an "ocular migraine". They put drops in my eyes that numbed them (after numbing them, they scraped them with a fine needle.. which was TOTALLY skeevy) and dilated my eyes. So my eyes are , even now a good 5 hours after, totally dilated.

So I'm walking around like Riddick, and I have to ride the bike back (I guess I don't HAVE to, but I figured "why not" (Second part of that, I figured "So what's a little bright light?" Well I get back, and my eyes are gushing out water, my helmet is wet and I'm in so much goddam pain I had to feel my way up the stairs)). So I got a ride home and here I am.

But now that I know what this is - this is the COOLEST thing to happen to me in a long time. I can't read ! Even now I have to concentrate on what I'm typing, and not only are letters juxtapositioning, but my typing is re-mapped as well ! This is so cool !

When I type out words the correct letters come out - but they come out in the wrong order. If I look at my keyboard and type out the word (Without looking at the screen) I type out the word, but all of the letters are jumbled - even though my brain perceives it as being correct.

So the migraine is starting to go away, and I can sort of make out what I'mtyping (It's really blurry but I can track letters as they appear (Thus as why I can type now but not read what someone else types) . I have to stare at the screen and piece shit together. So now Reading english is as difficult to me as readin gGerman or French.

This is SO odd. Everything else is ok. No pain from the migraine.

interesting

be careful with your eyes on that bike
i have problems with vision and g forces
usually lose my vision on roller coasters and such
i managed to push my bike hard enough that my vision started to turn to black around the outside edges, now thats scary

Must be nice to have a painless migrane. I'd take screwed up vision over some of the pain I've had.

Wow, now that's weird.

I look at my screen, and the strangest feeling of my life comes over me ----- I can't Read.

Like, I CAN'T FUCKING READ. I see characters, but they all look arabic. Just lines and dashes and curves... can't make anything out. Everything is crisp and clear. I can't read.

That part seems strange... Would something like that be caused by a physical problem with one of your eyes? Almost sounds neurological. If that had happened to me, I'd ask for an MRI.

too bad he can't read the responses yet. lol.

Ocular Migraine - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention Migraine - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention biological causes of migraines are unknown, but many precipitating factors have been identified. Stress, premenstrual changes, alcohol consumption, hunger, or the use of oral contraceptives can cause migraines in some persons. Certain foods may produce attacks; these include red wine, chocolate, aged cheese, milk, chicken livers, meats preserved in nitrates, or foods prepared with monosodium glutamate. Some persons report that exposure to sunlight or exercise can trigger attacks.Do you currently have any of these? Stress, premenstrual changes, alcohol consumption, hunger, or the use of oral contraceptives can cause migraines in some persons. Specifically these? premenstrual changes, or the use of oral contraceptives can cause migraines in some persons.

Last edited:
I get the idea that you think I have a Vagina :)

I'm ok now. I took a nap and I can read now. Everything is clear. It WAS an ocular migraine.

After I found out what it was, I was totally excited. IT was cool to look at things and simply not understand it. And yeah, Migraines are Neurological.

But I slept too late today, and the rain came in. So I got a ride back to work and rode the Ninja in the rain (Like, a downpour too). That sucked. I'll do a thread about it in the Bike section.

But my eyes are still way dilated. Still Riddick.

have you been doing Toad??? haha.. anyone remember that Family Guy.. it was on the other night

Must be nice to have a painless migrane. I'd take screwed up vision over some of the pain I've had.

i wouldn't wish for that cause migranes go away screwed up vision yeah that sucks balls. i would trade anything in the world to be able to see out of my left eye again.

My pupils started to close up around midnight. It was cool walking around the house with no lights on. Riddick for the win !

Back