y0 b.. what ever happened..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this seems like a good thread to hijack...

so B, how did you get your job as a network administrator?

with no certifications that is.

because I am currently studying for my CCNA exam, but am a little skeptical with the current layoffs in the computer market in my area.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2003, 02:08 AM
i am A+ and net+ certified

jerkit.gif

:p

oh okay. :bash:

are a+ and net+ good certifications to have compared to ccna?

how much do you think i will be making a year if i had my ccna certification and got a job as a network administrator?

my guess is around $60k.

CCNA is great............ if your company uses Cisco routers.

in my year i've been here, I've yet to touch one router or switch. 99% of the shit i do is on win 2k advanved server.

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 22 2003, 02:11 AM
oh okay. :bash:

are a+ and net+ good certifications to have compared to ccna?

how much do you think i will be making a year if i had my ccna certification and got a job as a network administrator?

my guess is around $60k.

ha! good luck. I'd change my mind if I were you. The IT industry sucks. Everything is going over seas, and or they are coming here making 10 bucks an hour. Unless you have 5+ years experience goodluck in finding a job with decent salary, benefits.

I'm goign back to school for Construction Engineering, f the computer industry. I would like job security for the rest of my life. I do not want to be living in the unemployment line at the state.

i make 40k working 3rd shift. that translates into about 35k for first shif. and that translates into about 25k everywhere else but CT because everything else here costs twice as much as where you live.

the IT field blows ass. there are no- i repeat NO jobs. i look everyday on monster.

if you want to get into the IT field, learn J2EE and servlets and websphere. thats the shit thats paying good now, and jobs everywhere.

why don't i do that? I FUCKING HATE JAVA with a passion. i'd rather make less than deal with that bullshit of a fucking gay classes-up fucker language :) ask b16- he does java shit.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2003, 07:10 AM
i make 40k working 3rd shift. that translates into about 35k for first shif. and that translates into about 25k everywhere else but CT because everything else here costs twice as much as where you live.

the IT field blows ass. there are no- i repeat NO jobs. i look everyday on monster.

if you want to get into the IT field, learn J2EE and servlets and websphere. thats the shit thats paying good now, and jobs everywhere.

why don't i do that? I FUCKING HATE JAVA with a passion. i'd rather make less than deal with that bullshit of a fucking gay classes-up fucker language :) ask b16- he does java shit.

wtf? java is this shizzy man :)
i love OOP, best thing since sliced bread. i develop ecommerce web sites using .jsp and java, with some sql. good to know there are more jobs in my arena, i'm getting kinda bored over here. they pay for my school so i'm just sticking around until i get my BS then i'm down to work anywhere, i just want more $$ really, i'm a greedy bastard.

Back