Y1 lsd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Helixform

I am in need of some help. Today I finshed my install of a B16 into a CRX, the transmission is a Y1 with LSD. When turning at low speeds I hear a noise coming from the transmission, sounds like a clunking. I have a feeling this is just the LSD working but I am not sure. Also I jacked up one side of the car to get one of the wheels off the ground. When you try and turn that wheel I can hear a noise in the trans and the wheel locks up, is this normal operation?

Did you take the dust rings out of your hubs? And what axles are you using? Are they new or used?

Yeah I took the dust rings out of the hubs (90 Integra knuckles). They are new axles and I am using is a 90 Integra on the pass side, and a 89 Integra on the drivers side (cause I am using the Y1 intermediate shaft). The car is fine driving straight just sounds and feels weird when making a sharp turn, or U turn.

Yeah I took the dust rings out of the hubs (90 Integra knuckles). They are new axles and I am using is a 90 Integra on the pass side, and a 89 Integra on the drivers side (cause I am using the Y1 intermediate shaft). The car is fine driving straight just sounds and feels weird when making a sharp turn, or U turn.

That might be part of your problem, get a 90-93 non-ABS Integra axle, the pre 90s Tegs are different than the 90-93.

Well I was told to use that axle cause the stock Y1 intermediate shaft is longer, it says so on Hasports website. The noise I am hearing is definately on the passenger side, and sound like its coming from the trans. I was wondering if others with LSD might chime in.

Back