y1 transmission help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I really need to know if my y1 cable transmission internals will go into another cable transmission case, such as s1, a1. Are cable b series transmission parts interchangeable like b series engines??? Any help at all would greatly be appreciated.

for the most part the internals of the tranny are interchangable, but you have to make sure that you shim everything up perfectly otherwise you will be wasting your time, also be aware that some b series trannys use straight bearings and others use beveled bearing, just swap the races if you have to.
Do NOT try to put cable b series tranny parts in a hydro case, it doesn't work the way you think it would, cable to cable is ok, hydro to hydro is ok.

What I was thinking is swapping internals from y1 to usdm integra s1, or a1, 90-91 transmission. My y1 is getting a quaife lsd and I have to trim the inner housing for fitment. I was looking to case swap for more clearance to avoid having to trim.

Im not familiar with the quaife, so Im not sure on its fitment and soforth, sorry.

wake this up

i have to change my output shaft on my Y1 to a 92-93 output

its for the clutch kit i have the y1 spline is 24T 31/32 and the 92/93 are 24T 1 1/32

crazy eh thats .8 of a millimeter but sh!t has to be right right

Last edited:
Back