y7 y8

• Thread starter Thread starter efalex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 976

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efalex

ok so i spun a bearing in my y8. it was completly stock. so now im putting my y8 head on a y7 block with a ex tranny.. will i be losing an hp or torq?

IF im not mistaken. The y7 is non Vtec and the y8 is Vtec. I had a y7 in my dx before my swap. So you would have to run an oil line to the Vtec solinoid just like an LS vtec setup. but im not sure about the actual physical components
EDIT I would try and replace the spun bearing mabey do all of them isntead of doing the block swap. When i did my swap it was because of a bearing spun. I decided to put a B16a in my car but.. Had i known what i did now how easy it is to swap bearings i would have done that and saved my self themoney

just put a crank kit in your y8 block to refresh the bottom end there not that expensive you get a crank with matched bearings bolt it in and go!

you will lose a couple of points of compression due to the shape/height of the y7 piston tops.
nothing noticable, though.
the vtec components are all contained in the y8 head, no additional 'plumbing' is necessary.

Back