y8 head on z6 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well I have a 94 civic ex coupe with the d16z6 with intake, crower stage 2 cam, zex valve springs, and the typical bolt ons; I did a compression test on it and two of my cylinders read 62 and 59 while the other two read 168 and 171. THe 2 that are low are cylinders number 1 and 3 with number 1 starting by the distributor. Well I think that I have a couple of bad valves in those cylinders. My car does not smoke at all and it does not use coolant or oil. I was wondering if i can use a y8 head with my z6 cam, z6 gear, and springs. Feel free to give me other suggestions to what might cause those cylinders to be low. My car has always had idle problems since I bought it and I thought is was the iacv or the screw on the trhottle body but it wasn't. I have checked my oil and coolant and none of it is missing and I chech my valve lashing too and they are all to spec. Also I have done all the mods. I bought the car stock. It has about 190.000 miles on it.

Thanks for all the help

Nick

I was wanting to know about the y8 because I can get one that is in good shape for cheap. What exactly would I have to do to get my distributor to fit. My compression tester does not have any instructions to check for leak. Also are those good numbers for the good cylinders? Thanks for the help

I did it and I came to the conclusion that it is my head gasket/head. I took the radiator cap off and there are tons off little; tiny bubble coming out the hole. I noticed that there has been a puddle of antifreeze on my fan shroud. I think that the pressure out of the cylinders pushed the water out of the radiator cap. So the only thing that I can think of is that I have a warped head because I replaced the head gasket about 5 or so months ago.

How much would you estimate it to cost to get it resurfaced. Also is there a possibility that the block is not straight? And if I get it resurfaced what is the limit that I should go for example 16 thousanths or what and is there anything else that could be wrong with it.

Thanks for the help.

It'll cost you about 30 dollars to mill the head. It could be that the block isn't level, but most of the times it is the head. You should hope so-it's much easier to bring a head to a machine shop than your block.

dont mean to trend jack, what about a .035-.04 mill with b16 pistions and itr cams?

Back