y8 manifold thread??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
there was one on here awhile back that had all the info needed for swapping a y8 intake mani..im looking for it and can not find it anywhere..
it literally had every piece of info i need..if anyone can find it and post the link here id apreciate it..and some rep for whoever posts it...
and yes i did search..i looked for it for about an hour last night then a ltitle today..and then searched google for it as well

the honda-tech had some of the info i was looking for so rep anyways..
im mostly trying to figure out what to do with the iacv under the throttle body..and what to do about the plug from my z6..it does not fit on the iacv from the y8 mani

damn i cant find anything..this iacv shit is rlly gonna piss me off..ive got the auto mani that doesnt have the holes for the iacv..and ive got an auto TB that has the fitv..but its a 3 wire..now what do i do about the 2 wire iacv plug?

You can drill/tap the back of the manifold to accept a 2 wire IACV. The right most bolt hole should already be there.

yeai did that today and the car runs like ass..all the holes are perfectly lined up though..
it starts and bounced back and fourth between 2k and 3k...but the wierd thing is it did that and we were bleeding the coolant..5 mins after we bled the coolant there was a loud pop and the car idled perfectly at 800rpm..well i let it sit after that..went out and started it and its right back to the bouncing idle..idk what it could be..

rlly need help guys im supposed to register this car soon

My Y8 manifold was giving me absolute hell and surging idle until I sealed the IACV. Unplug it and see how it runs. If the idle drops down to where it should be, that means the IACV it's self is broken.

hmm ill try it..shits pissin me off..it ran perfect before i swapped the manifold..i even used my iacv from the z6..

i did get an auto..but i drilled and tapped the holes for the iacv..im using the z6 tb..im gonna take it all apart and replace all the gaskets..but idk what that would do..all the gaskets were good in the first place..

bypass the fitv with the coolant lines, then unscrew the fitv from the tb, cut a piece of gasket material the same size as the mating surfaces between the fitv and tb bolt it back up and see if the thats the end of your woes. if it works leave it that way, get some sort of block off plate, or a manual tb.

im running a manual TB already...i will try to bypass the fitv..but im going to pull everything back apart and redo everything with new gaskets,at first i thought it might be because of the drill/tap work..but ive checked and everything is the way its supposed to be.

im guessing its a vacuum leak somewhere..the fitv and iacv are from the z6 manifold which was running the car perfectly the same day i pulled it off and swapped it to the y8 mani..
so im going to pull it apart and redo everything when we get some warmer weather..
i know the drill and tap is right because ive searched for others that have been done and i did the exact same thing..so idk ill figure it out somehow

Back