Y8 Mini Me on B8 Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dasfinc

I need to keep this OBD1, and am curious what has to be done if this is even possible?

My ECU is chipped, so I'm not worried about that, but will the Y8 Distributor plug into the D16Z6 Wiring harness that I have? if not, can I just cut the wires and splice it in to make it work?

Also I already have Z6 Plugs, wires, and headgasket set, Will the headgasket set still be the same for the Y8 Head *Aside from dropping the compression a tiny bit?*

I believe you can re-pin the Y8 dizzy to use the Z6 plug.The wires should be the same. I don't know the specifics exactly, but they should just straight-pin to the new plugs.

Because I already had purchased a rebuild Z6 Dizzy before My discovery about my new head being a Y8 Head, That and the proper Dizzy requires alteration, or the wiring does like EGProjects was saying

I found that my current DX OBD1 Alternator IS a bolt-on replacement and will work on the Y8 Head, so now I just need to find someone to sell my Freshly rebuilt Z6 Dizzy too.

Back