Ya ever heard of.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nhs787

Hi all, another crazy noob in hondaswap....

Supposedly, Carol Shelby and a bunch of autocrossers use synthetic atf in their manual transmissions.

I had a grinding problem in my 1989 mitsubishi starion(now i'm a crvtec civic si), replaced with synthtic atf and two bottle of friction modifier for ford differentials, and the transmission was notably smoother. Not to mention less drag on trans because of the lesser viscosity of the atf.

I've heard of people putting this stuff in their engine oil due to it's superior detergents, lubrication, and pressure characteristics. Their engines lasting to the 200000 mile mark and still going strong!

It worked great with my old car's tranny, and I am contemplating doing the same for my civic tranny. Maybe even the engine oil. Next thing I'll b adding to the coolant jk :D

I am in no way suggesting that everybody start doing this(do at your own risk). But I'd like some educated answers on this topic. No one sentence write-offs.

Thanks

I have always used only Honda MTF on Honda trannies and have had no complaints.

Back