1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YAY....VSS fixed now problem with vtec...then im done

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by -94-AccordH22, May 14, 2006.

1. -94-AccordH22

-94-AccordH22 Senior Member

ok so. the vss wire goes on orange on the DRIVER side shock tower not the pass side. so that works yay. and i took it around the block and damn. vtec pulls like no other. ive never driven a vtec and i like alot.

but my one last problem is that when i turn the car on for the first time vtec engages and pulls hard. but then when i stop at a light and i want to go again. vtec wont engage until i turn the car off again?

2. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

check for loose grounds or loose vtec connections....then try again.....other than that..dont know what it could be

3. 93vicb16a2

93vicb16a2 WHATS CRACKIN??

make sure your dizzy is pluged in good

4. -94-AccordH22

yea all the wires are good. ive heard of this happening to someone else but in order for vtec to kick back in you have to key off then on again

5. kmsmartt

kmsmartt Junior Member

sound like a computer problem. when i bought my jdm h22 they told me i would have to reprogram the computer. so i hooked the vtech solinoid to a relay and put it on a adjustable MSD rpm activated switch.and a module selector , pn8670

6. -94-AccordH22

yea my computer is an ebay so called skunk chipped but i think its garbage. i want to get a p28 socketed and run s200

would it have anything to do with engine temp? i havnt tested it yet but it seems right when i turn the car on and run around i can hit vtec whenever but after like 10 mins it stops working. ive checked all the wires. dizzy is fine..advanced like 2 degrees if that. im sure its just a bogus ecu

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted