Yay!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK, so now that it's back on the road, I feel that I can tell you all the whole story...

On June 6th, I was up on Rt. 17, and overcooked a turn by about 2 MPH. Without going into a lengthy description of the turn, I'll just leave it at this- I was VERY lucky in both my split second decision to bail out of the turn and crank the wheel hard right to make the entrance to the runout area, and in the fact that I lost it on the ONLY turn on that hill with a run out area where you need it. The damage was light- a drivers mirror, drivers fender, drivers side driving light, and a new tire. I missed several stumps, boulders, and a 4' deep ditch by no more than 2'. The bumper was smooshed up a bit on the lower left corner, but no cracks, no internal frame damage, no busted oil pan.

However, the repair got a little out of hand. It was decided that the tires were shit, so new tires should be put on. Then what good are tires with stock suspension, so suspension bits were added. But what good is all that if the brakes are only good for one hard braking zone, so brakes were added. But if brakes are added, the stock wheels won't fit around them, so bigger wheels were put on. But wait, if I'm going to paint the whole car because of a different color fender (can't match 12 year old non- clear coated red paint), the RC/ CS front end might as well be installed. But if I do that, then there won't be any air going to the top mount IC, so an FMIC will have to be stuffed in behind the bumper. But with all that nice cool air, what good is a stock exhaust and no way to tune it? So a 3.5" turbo back exhaust and S-AFC were added.

So here's how she stands right now:

RC/ CS front end (non- USDM hood and bumper, OEM parts- do a search on Google to see what they look like)
30X10X3 Spearco FMIC
Tein SS coilovers
Whiteline GT4 Club handling kit (rear sway and full bushing kit)
Apex S-AFC
17X7.5 Rota Sub Zeros in Royal Black (gloss black w/ polished lip)
235/40 Yokohama ES 100 tires
5mm spacers up front and 25mm spacers in the back to get the tires to clear the struts
13" X 1.25" two piece Wilwood rotors
Wilwood SL-6 six piston calipers painted red
SS brake lines
Porterfield pads

Stuff I had to fabricate for this project:
Charge pipes
3.5" turbo back exhaust
Rear spacers
Caliper brackets

Stuff I'll be doing by the spring:
13" X .87" Wilwood rotors for the rear
Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers for the rear
Wilwood non- boosted dual master brake cylinder
Color change to metallic charcoal grey/ silver
Programmable ECU

Stuff I'll be doing by spring '06:
Garrett GT40 turbo
Pistons and rods
Roll cage
No interior
Sparco Corsa seats (lose weight if you want a ride and expect to fit in the seat)
Five point cam locks

No pics because my camera shit the bed on me when I was at Pikes Peak in June, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Oh, and B- the Teins fucking ROCK. I think you think they suck in Hondas and the 240 because those are light cars compared to the AllTrac...

:D X 100000^99

damnit, my fat ass can't get a ride :(

and tiens suck. i stand by it. yes, they are drastically better than what you had, but i would have picked something else out if it were my car.

but the build sounds cool- even though i knew most of it already :D

so, you say color change alter-- what color are you now? did you paint the bumper red?

Originally posted by TDaddy@Aug 24 2004, 09:38 PM
Sweet deal....but um...where's the pic's?
[post=381295]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably in the same room that you left your reading comprehension in.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2004, 09:39 PM

Might I suggest the Pissedoffdiet and the Pissedoffsmokeout?

and tiens suck. i stand by it. yes, they are drastically better than what you had, but i would have picked something else out if it were my car.

OK... fine... go find me some decent coilovers available here in North America for a Celica AllTrac, chassis code ST185/ ST185H.

so, you say color change alter-- what color are you now? did you paint the bumper red?
[post=381297]Quoted post[/post]​

Bumper and hood are black. Rest of the car is red, and the replacement fender is a different shade of red. I'll be doing some welding for a guy that has a body shop in exchange for a paint job.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 24 2004, 10:43 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 24 2004, 09:39 PM

Might I suggest the Pissedoffdiet and the Pissedoffsmokeout?
Doh!

OK... fine... go find me some decent coilovers available here in North America for a Celica AllTrac, chassis code ST185/ ST185H.

I hear ya... i rememebr looking for you way back.... but i still wouldn't go around saying teins are the shit :)

Bumper and hood are black. Rest of the car is red, and the replacement fender is a different shade of red. I'll be doing some welding for a guy that has a body shop in exchange for a paint job.
[post=381301]Quoted post[/post]​

cool. parts/labor for parts/labor is always the best :)

Nice. Now with the cash you've saved on the paint job, go buy a badass digital camera and take some pictures for us. :lol: Sounds like a nice build Ji! :thumbsup:

that's sweet.... obviously you're stoked... i would be too... and, well, i KNOW i won't have to lose weight, i probably still would be too small for those damn seats.... not like i'll get a ride anyway... :p

Hell yeah!

I myself am saving so I can find an alltrac when I graduate.

:ttiwwp:

Anyway, congrats on the upgrades! I'm jealous of your brakes. :worthy:

It's aboot fucking time. :)

And damn, a 3.5" exhaust? Most of us WRX boys only run a 3"....but I don't know how much you plan on pulling out of that engine/turbo. :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2004, 06:39 PM

and you have driven on your teins on the track when?? i'm not saying they're the best, but damn you're the tein nazi.

nice to hear ji, i want to see pics!
:)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 24 2004, 09:34 PM
Oh, and B- the Teins fucking ROCK. I think you think they suck in Hondas and the 240 because those are light cars compared to the AllTrac...

:D X 100000^99
[post=381292]Quoted post[/post]​

I have to agree. Teins suck. What's the weight of the Alltrac versus the 240? What about in comparison to the 1987 Supra ? How about the 1984 Vette ? Done Teins in them all, and I wasn't impressed. For the weight, Bilstein is my tattoo.

-> Steve

Back