yea another build thread lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boston-sol77

Alright well im getting the ball rolling on my build, i just purchased a 94 B18c1 block with a b16 head with b16 valves and gsr cams, pistons, crank etc. im starting off by cleaning the block with either a partswasher or hot tank? then im gonna get it bored over .020" and sleeved from maybe Z10 motorsports. Any opinions on them? i havent really heard of them but it seems legit? if anyone knows of good places in the new england area please let me know!!!! then i am installing forged pistons i was thinking of going with toda racing because they have like a whole kit for pistons, rings, rods, and crank for a reasonable price. then have my crank balanced and pulley too. and my mains line honed. this is my first build so im open to any opinions. for goals wise im hoping for 400- 500 hp and yes i will be boosting it eventually so i want to build it accordingly for that. let me know if there is some things i should do, shouldnt do, change where im going for services or parts. thanks

Boosting it is about the only way you're going to achieve 500hp.
Are you going to be driving this on the street?

If you build it for that much horsepower and run it without the power its probably going to not seem much until you do the turbo setup.

you wouldnt happen to have a red del sol with an outrageous body kit would you?

did you sell an SAFC to a guy in a mirage?

no i dont have a red del sol. and yea i know that it wont seem like it has any real power to it till i do turbo it. im fine with that. i just was hoping to find out any do's or dont's or good places to get the work done. i dont really know much behind z10 so i wanted to know from someone who has worked with them. or anyone else in the new england area thats good.

If the block is good and running how it sits if it is not already apart, wait until you have the funds for the turbo setup.

Most likely going to end up with forged internals and a large or hybrid turbo. I haven't looked for any build threads but I'm sure they're easy to find.

Back