yeah so the mirage got rear-ended.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
sucks huh. car is probably totalled.

seriously, though. i sold the wheels from my talon to a good friend who drives a 1g eclipse. i was showing her the way to the tire place and she rear ends me at a stop sign.

get back to the garage where ive been pulling the talon motor, and pull the bumper cover off. it looks like theres really no damage to the cover anyways. underneath....

the re-bar is pushed in a good amount, and its pinched in the frame a bit where it connects, plus its angled down a good 1/2 inch. as-is, i drive to firestone (FREE ALIGNMENTS BABY) and got the car aligned, and nothing was thrown off.

just sucks. i had a perfectly mint car until this bitch decided it was good to talk on her cell phone and stuff. shes like, its not a big deal your car isnt broken or anything... then i showed her the damage and shes like well idk what you can do... if i went to the insurance company they would probably total the car so i guess i have to deal with the fact knowing my baby is scuffed for good.

in the meantime, i got the cover mounted back up, better than before. buuuut.... now the cover leaves a 1/2in gap between the rear garnish and the cover.

that sucks. if its still safe to drive and you can't tell from the outside that's atleast a good thing. no one will ever see it most likely

I hope you at least got her licence number, name, insurance policy number, and called the cops....

your back may be in pain in a few days....it may feel fine now..but later it will hurt.... :wink:

i know who it is... she lives ~5 minutes from my parents.

if i find any "payable" damage, ill get cash from her, or go to the insurance company. there is another coupe down the street with a blown motor for 400, but its got a perfect blue body.

Whenever you get 80% done on a project, god decides to take it from you.

Sorry to hear about this, I almost shot lightning bolts from my fingertips when the supra was rearended - I was so pissed.

Quoted post[/post]]
Whenever you get 80% done on a project, god decides to take it from you.

Sorry to hear about this, I almost shot lightning bolts from my fingertips when the supra was rearended - I was so pissed.

fuck yeah you got that right. i can never have a nice car. either its something stupid i do, or someone else. and ive been extra careful with this one too.

Quoted post[/post]]
pics??????

i would have to take the bumper cover back off, but ill snap a pic of the sagging bumper.

know what? i shoudl just have insurance total the car so she gets the 6 points on her license and that jacks her insurance like 1000/yr.

take and go get estimates for the Mirage and see what they say. take the highest estimate, show her and tell her to write you a check. thats what i would do....

Don't bank on that. So wait now, your bumper skin is sagging ?

The unibody isn't bent ?

Then what's so totalled about the car ?

Quoted post[/post]]
the re-bar is pushed in a good amount, and its pinched in the frame a bit where it connects, plus its angled down a good 1/2 inch. as-is, i drive to firestone (FREE ALIGNMENTS BABY) and got the car aligned, and nothing was thrown off.

you can even see it a bit in the trunk.

Take the money and run. We can make that bumper skin fit really well, remove the "re-bar" and make it lighterweight too :) Fill it with closed cell foam, and be on your way. $2000 for future mods, even a nice brisk paint job and EVO body kit shit added along the way.

This sounds like a blessing to me.

ha! the car is worth 900 to the insurance company, no deductible :) since it has full coverage and its not my fault.

with whatever money i have left over after buying the other one, another $150 to reg/sales tax/title it doesnt really seem worth it.

so what if the car is worth 900 bucks to them? I didn't think that in a case where you claim against someone else's policy that they could total it without your consent?

Back