What would you pick?

• STI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 350Z

• G35 Co

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Well im finally going to break down and get a new car. Those are the 4 choices im thinking about. Im really leaing towards the Evo or G35, but im also married now, and the wife is all about the STI. So i guess im just looking for opinions form you guys and gals.

i vote sti.....better company...safer..and it looks sick...btw i would get a black one

I kinda depends on what you want.

350z = impractical sports car (2 seats)
G35 = luxury car w/ decent power (small back seat)

STi = EVO = 4-door, AWD, turbo 4

These cars are in 2 very different catigories. Of the 350z and the G35, I'd go with the G35, better looking, has a back bench, and is more luxurious. It'd make a nice daily driver or crusing car.

The STi and Evo is just up to you. They're essentially the same car and they fill the same niche.

I didn't vote but I would go with the G35 or the Evo, but like you said you are married now and the wife likes the STI so you will probably be ending up with the STI.

Quoted post[/post]]

These cars are in 2 very different catigories. Of the 350z and the G35, I'd go with the G35, better looking, has a back bench, and is more luxurious. It'd make a nice daily driver or crusing car.

The STi and Evo is just up to you. They're essentially the same car and they fill the same niche.

350z = discrace to nissan
G35 = expensive discrace to nissan

I would take the Ev0 over the Sti only because of looks. . . there is no performance difference.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

350z = discrace to nissan
G35 = expensive discrace to nissan

I would take the Ev0 over the Sti only because of looks. . . there is no performance difference.

you break my heart. i think the 350Z is far from a disgrace. The VQ platform has been commended numerous times, and is considered by many industry engineers to be the best engine currently available. I personally would choose the 350Z in my situation. But in his situation, i'd probably take the STi. Subaru is a better company then Mitsu, and if he's startin a family, it'll be more suited toward that. Plus, it'll keep the wife happy.

Quoted post[/post]]

lol... right.

driving the cars is like early morning and late after noon.

no, not night and day, but damn near close.

Quoted post[/post]]
i think the 350Z is far from a disgrace. The VQ platform has been commended numerous times, and is considered by many industry engineers to be the best engine currently available.

how about the vq25 in the specV? my buddy is on his 4th, yes FOURTH motor in under 18,000 miles.

nissan has never been a quality company. they are the ford of japan... their vq line is better than the usdm CA line from 15 years ago, but thats about it. the RB is the only good nissan motor. yes, sr20's suck ass too.
sure, they can make power, but from a reliability standpoint, they are trash. ask any s13 owner with upgraded power, and ask what happens if they hit the rev limiter. in fact, they sell a stopper for the valves so they don't go flying out.... garbage.

their bottom ends are bad ass
their heads suck.

if only nissan and honda got together... and used a nissan bottom end with a k-series head. NOW we're talking...

the old-school L-series engines were pretty good too. Not the most modern of all engines, but still almost bulletproof. And they LOVE the boost. :)

Come to think of it... just about the only really great nissan engines are inline 6-cylinders...

Quoted post[/post]]lol... right.

driving the cars is like early morning and late after noon.

no, not night and day, but damn near close.
Listen to this man, he's speaking the truth. :)

That's like saying an S2000 and an NSX are the same car, because they're both RWD.

And the "dark silver" is Crystal Gray Metallic. :) The SECOND coolest color you can get an Impreza in. :laugh:

Get an Evo.

I drove all those cars and picked an Evo. :)

BTW, the Evo IX's just came out, I can get you one at MSRP if they're marking up too much in SoCal.

Back