What would you pick?

• STI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 350Z

• G35 Co

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
how about the vq25 in the specV? my buddy is on his 4th, yes FOURTH motor in under 18,000 miles.

nissan has never been a quality company. they are the ford of japan... their vq line is better than the usdm CA line from 15 years ago, but thats about it. the RB is the only good nissan motor. yes, sr20's suck ass too.
sure, they can make power, but from a reliability standpoint, they are trash. ask any s13 owner with upgraded power, and ask what happens if they hit the rev limiter. in fact, they sell a stopper for the valves so they don't go flying out.... garbage.

their bottom ends are bad ass
their heads suck.

if only nissan and honda got together... and used a nissan bottom end with a k-series head. NOW we're talking...

..... :dry: you are going to die for your statements.....

leaving my personal experiences out..... I have only one thing to say :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

if you were looking for an all out race car, the evo is the better choice
but this is your family fun car, and for that, the sti is a much better choice, and suby isn't anal like mitsu about warranties....

and thats IF mitsu is even around in 2 more years.... they've been on the way out. so keep that in mind.

Quoted post[/post]]
if you were looking for an all out race car, the evo is the better choice
but this is your family fun car, and for that, the sti is a much better choice, and suby isn't anal like mitsu about warranties....

and thats IF mitsu is even around in 2 more years.... they've been on the way out. so keep that in mind.
lol... hearsay gets the best of you..

I vote evo. Ive finally driven all of them. if i wasnt a tinkerer at heart i would have one right now, but i love my lude and im bound and determined to get a bitch running right.

I love the Evo MR (havent driven the GSR)...the STi cant hold a candle to it if you are running around and just throwing the car into turns...such an amazing ride.

The STi is probably a better "family car" its got a little softer suspension, and its got better sound dampening. I still vote evo just cause its a fuckin sick car.

Oh, and for those 350z haters, the coupe is an insane ride too. You turn traction control off and you have a beast on your hands. I hated the 350 at first because i only test drove the convertible, but the coupe is pretty insane in its own right. I just dont like the fact that i was running the car up (it was an 04) and i was almost at redline when i accidently shifted to fifth instead of third...thats a downer.

i voted for the G35. I drove one recently while test driving a TL, i loved it. it handled very well, loved the power. Its immediate too, the low end is great, no waiting for anyting to spool or to rev into the powerband. Comfy seats, smooth shifting, nice ride. Personally, i wouldnt change a thing on it, no mods for me.

waiting for spool? maybe in the evo.... i'm borderline vac/1psi in 6th gear on the highway under normal accelration (not passing, not crusing, but increasing speed slightly). i'm full spool to 14 psi long before 3500 comes. and 2-5psi before 2500 comes.

and let me tell you-- trying to watch your gauges while your head is getting thrown in the seat at 2500 is fun :p

I'm at full boost, 21psi by 3200 rpms. This 16g twin scroll is very responsive.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i think the 350Z is far from a disgrace. The VQ platform has been commended numerous times, and is considered by many industry engineers to be the best engine currently available.

how about the vq25 in the specV? my buddy is on his 4th, yes FOURTH motor in under 18,000 miles.

nissan has never been a quality company. they are the ford of japan... their vq line is better than the usdm CA line from 15 years ago, but thats about it. the RB is the only good nissan motor. yes, sr20's suck ass too.
sure, they can make power, but from a reliability standpoint, they are trash. ask any s13 owner with upgraded power, and ask what happens if they hit the rev limiter. in fact, they sell a stopper for the valves so they don't go flying out.... garbage.

their bottom ends are bad ass
their heads suck.

if only nissan and honda got together... and used a nissan bottom end with a k-series head. NOW we're talking...

Looking back on it. I really didn't like that engine. If you recall I had an 04 Spec V for a week.

Anyway, the engine has a decent stroke, but the bore is a hefty 100mm. The engine has to use an external balancer to keep it from tearing itself apart, then it redlines at like 6200 rpm. Sure it had torque like a mother fucker, but it got boring redlining so damn early on the tach.

I do miss that 6 speed though.

i vote evo

i dont care if mitsubishi is shaky or not, besides, i would definately be voiding the warantee, with a call to full race, and a nother to vishnu.

I dont know if it is you (smonkeyboy) but holy cow there is a lot of plugging of full race these days. Im about to do my second turbo setup and all the parts are custom and cheaper than full race's. Personally i trust my work over theirs. the only stuff i dont skimp on is the manifold. i go cast on that mess. dont want welds blowing......sue me, i havent practiced in a while.

yeah, cause robiotic tig welds are better than any weld you will ever do.

ill bump full race all day long, have you seen their kits?

Drag Kit (POS) = $2900

FullRace Kit = $3400 for badass everything, tial wg and bov. prostreet mani. their kits are sick.

look at the supra parts they make.... 5in. production downpipe. sign me up.

and try and flip through a copy of "Turbo" in the last year and not find a fullrace logo somewhere in it.

EDIT: hehe, when i see your name in a magazine every month then ill shut up.

Back