yes, Chevy- you're 2003 line up sucked.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
http://www.autointell-news.com/News-2004/J...an-14-04-p8.htm

DETROIT - General Motors dealers sold 447,900 new cars and trucks in December, down 9 percent compared to record sales levels in December 2002. GM's overall truck sales (278,406) were down 11 percent. Car sales (169,494) were down 5 percent. In December 2002, GM had exceptional sales results (473,663) and more than a 32-percent market share.

Stop building shit, and maybe you won't loose 9% a year...

kind of off topic but I will never buy Domestic again..... I have a 2001 Windstar that needs a new transmission after only 50000 miles.... I dont drive it so it has been driven gently..... :D

Originally posted by 95sir@Jan 16 2004, 06:20 AM
kind of off topic but I will never buy Domestic again..... I have a 2001 Windstar that needs a new transmission after only 50000 miles.... I dont drive it so it has been driven gently..... :D

So you're never ever going to give any and every domestic car a chance just because of ONE domestic family hauler gave you uber (under warrenty) problems? :roll:

I hate people like that. Come to think of it, I'll never buy import again...radio doesn't work, tranny shifts like shit, door locks stop working...all at UNDER 40k miles. Not to mention the crazy squeaking I heard from the fucking tires the other night that luckily went away... :blink:

Wait...I don't think like that. :roll:

well, im with him dude...
i'll never buy another american car either.... unless something drastic changes.

i have about 180k on my honda... and its fine.
my moms chevy with 89k, my old one with 60k, and my dads truck with 90k, just suck. every year, they dump 3 grand on work on them... other than oil and normal service interval parts, i didn't put a dime into the honda.

your experience is also that you bought the car used. who the hell knows what the dude before you did to it... especially being an si. moms don't buy si's. 18-22yr kids buy si's.
my parent's cars' were bought brand new... and you could eat off the interior of my moms car, and it just sucks ass. goes through brakes every 6 months (im talking claipers.. not pads) shocks every year... and my mom rarely hits 65 on the highway.

woopty fuckin do. Search around on the net as much as you do and you'll find sites that show the stories about imports. I Don't know why people think imports are invincible to problems and domestics are just piles of shit.

Of course I sit there and defend imports all day on the Mustang site I visit. Turn aroun and defend domestics like Mustangs and Camaros on this site. I don't see why people have to be so pig headed because they had a few problems with a couple of experiences of bad apples in the bunch. You and a whole shit load of people on this site have said it, 40k miles on a Honda is "just getting started."

I should never have had even those minor problems with a Honda that's still a new born in the world of cars.

All this "this car was never abused either" blah blah Bullshit is so fucking stupid. Your mom may hardly get up to 65 but that doesn't mean she doesn't cram the brakes everytime she comes to a stop.

I've personally known three people who owned GM/Chevy products, and ALL of them had catastrophic engine failure at or before 100k miles.

My mom's Chrysler 5th Avenue went through two transmissions, and had body trim pieces (including the rearview) falling off, all before 80k.

My buddy's Chevy Malibu has had so much work put into it before 60k (including two power steering rebuilds, a failed engine mount and some valvetrain problems) that he's vowed never to buy domestic again, even though he's kind of a big domestic fan.

Imports may develop little quirks that are annoying, like squeeks or some little mechanical piece working, but nothing insanely huge like the above domestics did that make me laugh at the "quality" automobiles that our country purports to engineer and build.

Me and my brother both have chevys and run the crap out of them.

He has a chevy tahoe, 5.7 V8, and runs perfect at 230,000 miles. Never had any major engine or transmission work done.

I drive a chevy lumina Z34, 3.4 Twin DOHC, with 130,000 miles. Again, never had any major engine or transmission work done.

As for imports, my next car will be one(probably a civic with a B18C1 swap). Don't have any family members with an import, so can't comment on them.

brianfg Posted on Jan 16 2004, 11:13 AM
  Me and my brother both have chevys and run the crap out of them.

He has a chevy tahoe, 5.7 V8, and runs perfect at 230,000 miles. Never had any major engine or transmission work done.

I drive a chevy lumina Z34, 3.4 Twin DOHC, with 130,000 miles. Again, never had any major engine or transmission work done.

see? every manufacturer has anomalies. these particular gm products havent had problems, and they are rare examples. i have one of the honda anomalies. only 153,000, and i ALREADY need the valves adjusted. B) oh, and i just replaced the battery. so, there are exceptions to every rule.

At my house we own 4 cars.

a 93 Ford Crown Victoria
a 99 VW Jetta
a 98 Honda Civic
and a '00 VW Golf

now, out of those four, the one with the least problems has been my car (the civic) and it's the one that has been driven the hardest ( :p ), anyway I wouldn't bash on the domestics. Granted, we've had problems with the Ford (stupid shit like brakes and leaks here and there, but it's also 11 years old), but the two VWs have been the worst of the bunch. My mom's jetta especially (numerous electrical problems, brakes, A/C leaks, the windshield wiper fluid reservoir broke THREE fucking times!)
But I can say that my honda is very reliable. VWs however, suck!

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Jan 16 2004, 09:10 AM
but the two VWs have been the worst of the bunch. My mom's jetta especially (numerous electrical problems, brakes, A/C leaks, the windshield wiper fluid reservoir broke THREE fucking times!)
But I can say that my honda is very reliable. VWs however, suck!

ever try changing the rear pads on the new jetta's? omg, what fucking hell!!! and they wear out 3x's faster than the front...

my mom just bought a 99 acura 3.2tl after having a 96 jetta for about two years. since the day we bought the jetta, we've had nothing but problems. the timing belt broke and took out all eight (8) valves (lol). the head gasket was leaky. and now it doesnt even start (the reason we bought the TL). electrical problems out the ass for the jetta.

plus i just hated the car. when we put a new head on the vw, the pistons were domed-in so much, the CR couldnt have been above 7.0:1. plus the transmissions blow hardcore. they suck. they just suck. now i'm all fired up.

simply put HONDA-ACURA owns.

i have a 1980 civic that i have never had any problems with until i bent the suspension. drive it like hell every day. moms minivan(2001 dodge caravan sport) is drivin nice and cozy-like and has been through 3 transmissions under warranty, one out of warranty, new a/c parts, new computer, and new motor mount. my friends moms van, same make, same model, is driven like hell every single day by either him or his mother, and they have not had a single problem except for brake replacement.

moral of this story is....
DRIVE YOUR CAR LIKE HELL, and you will never have a problem :D

Well our family has...
91 crx si- mine, no problems sense swap
96 acura 2.5 tl- 175,000 miles, not a single problem besides ABS light.
96 Accord EX - 96,000 miles, not a single problem
94 ford F250 Diesel- 295,000 i have only changed starter and battry, other then that no problems

Hey you know what? imports have there shit cars and so do domestics who cares?

We have 3 cars:
94 ford E-250
98 Buick Regal
97 Dodge Stratus

We haven't had any problems with any of them...other than human
error (fuck-ups.) I broke my tranny (dodge.) Put the buick in a hole.
Umm...my dad's alternator broke, but what can you expect? It was still the one they put on at the plant. The van has 236,xxx miles on it. Yes, 236,xxx miles. And it's only needed an alternator. I've never heard of a Ford lasting that long either...or not breaking all the time.

Edit: Wow. Your Ford's kicking our Fords ass!

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Jan 16 2004, 11:48 AM
only 153,000, and i ALREADY need the valves adjusted. B) oh, and i just replaced the battery. so, there are exceptions to every rule.

you should have the valves adjusted before 153K its not a big deal you can even do it yourself there is an article on this site if you think it is

how much you wanna bet in 5 years most small domestic cars will have honda engineerd/built engines in them. saturn is already doing it.

i work for gm, i know how sad these cars can be, its always the little things that go with those its so frustrating, as an advisor, have u guys seen the 2005 line up, are they ever copying the imports.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 16 2004, 09:27 AM
well, im with him dude...
i'll never buy another american car either.... unless something drastic changes.

i have about 180k on my honda... and its fine.
my moms chevy with 89k, my old one with 60k, and my dads truck with 90k, just suck. every year, they dump 3 grand on work on them... other than oil and normal service interval parts, i didn't put a dime into the honda.

your experience is also that you bought the car used. who the hell knows what the dude before you did to it... especially being an si. moms don't buy si's. 18-22yr kids buy si's.
my parent's cars' were bought brand new... and you could eat off the interior of my moms car, and it just sucks ass. goes through brakes every 6 months (im talking claipers.. not pads) shocks every year... and my mom rarely hits 65 on the highway.

For 1, you had a fucking CRAPOLIER.. You had an economy car from chevy. A CHEAP car at that. Yeah, you had the z24, still a cheap fucking car, just like the beretta, corsica, lumina, They were made for white trash trailor park ppl who just needs to get by.

Your mom needs to get out of a chevy and go beat on a ford. Marc and I drive like a fucking bat out of hell and thei tahoe, doesnt have ANY problems. No problem with brake pads and marc is the type of person that goes from dead stop to 100 and dead stop again in 10 feet.

What exactly kind of trucks, whateer does your parents have? I'm guessing your dad has a fullsize from previously convo's. What yr and what model? Fullsizes have their problems, in some areas. But it depends on the person and how they treat their cars. Shit happens. Wanna talkabout how shitty a domestic is..

hmm, my friend tyler's accord, bought with just about no miles on it, a 91 2 door. Old lady owned it since new.. hmm, both door handles broke off, tranny shifts like shit, car jerks when you put it in gear and drive. Cluster is all fucked up.. this is a car that is old, but has like 60k miles on it now.

Honda reliabilty my ass. James' car... i KNOW they took care of it before him, it still has the fucking plastic on the floors! James isnt hard on that car at all, cant claim driver error.

Domestics arent any worse then imports, you just have to realize domestics are trying to get more power out of the cars and trying new platforms.. fucking honda used the same civic platform for how many yrs?!?!?!?! Wahoo, technology owns them.

I'm done.. this is an import board, no one will see it my way.. buy what you want.. spent 20+g's like B has.. and still get beat by a 13K ls1 with a few mods. and still get 22mpg on gass

Back