YES! Rice -> Jail Time!

?

• The ticket is right, but the punishment is a bit harsh...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I lahk dem dere bl00 ryser lahtz on mah kar d0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jail time and even community service seem harsh for this. Especially if they are not specifcally illegal where she was ticketed.

Very true. It is pretty much a given here in Texas that blue lights anywhere on the car are illegal...

This is how the law lays down in Texas:
Forward facing lights must be amber or white, or anything in between
Rear facing lights must be red or amber, or anything in between

Nice and simple.

thats pretty much the same rule we have in CT

man i thought cali regulations were tough, a simple fine and a fix-it-ticket would have done the job, this is a little on the extreme side.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 5 2003, 03:26 PM
Very true. It is pretty much a given here in Texas that blue lights anywhere on the car are illegal...

This is how the law lays down in Texas:
Forward facing lights must be amber or white, or anything in between
Rear facing lights must be red or amber, or anything in between

Nice and simple.

That is the same here in NM and I think the same for CO, but the article sounds like the blue lights are not illegal where she was ticketed, so I am not sure that the penalty should be that stiff. It they are illegal then keep the community service (I am still not sure the jail time should apply).

The cop was probably sick of seeing blue LED pissers running around, and the judge probably wanted to make an example of her with this ticket...

The girl's lawyer will probably get the fine and sentence reduced, but I'm sure that the ticket will still stand firm.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 5 2003, 02:38 PM
While the punishment is a bit harsh, I think it's fuggin hilarious to throw ricers in jail. :lol:

:werd:
:owned:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 5 2003, 05:38 PM
While the punishment is a bit harsh, I think it's fuggin hilarious to throw ricers in jail. :lol:

it would certainly clear up some of the roads around here

i dunno if jail time is the right move for ricers ... then they will just think they are even more "hard" than they already do

i think a public caning like they do in singapore would work better for this situation

if they gave me that as a punishment i would take it to federal court and get every last bit of money i could get from them for taking my freedom away from me. it's a stupid punishment for a stupid ticket.

"fuk dem der kuntree poeleece fer da leym tiket."

that law is stupid, back in 96 when licence plate frame lights were popular, my friend had a blue one. He was always getting harassed by the cops. They told him he couldn't have a blue light on his car cause they were reserved of cop cars. I would like to meet the person who mistakes a CRX for a cop car, now if she was rockin cop lights that would be a little different. But that would make her a porker not a ricer, would it not?

:lol:

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jun 5 2003, 05:44 PM
that law is stupid, back in 96 when licence plate frame lights were popular, my friend had a blue one. He was always getting harassed by the cops. They told him he couldn't have a blue light on his car cause they were reserved of cop cars. I would like to meet the person who mistakes a CRX for a cop car, now if she was rockin cop lights that would be a little different. But that would make her a porker not a ricer, would it not?

:lol:

You'd be surprised what kind of cars cops around here drive... I wouldn't be surprised if a cop busted the street races in a modded CRX with the lights and sirens blaring.

Its common since that in GA as well as any other state that red / blue are illegal. And she is a damn fool for listening to anyone who says other wise. The punishment is on the hard side but you got to use common since. Just amazing she had them that long (2 years) and got no ticket before. Wonder how many times a cop warned or talked to her before the ticket. And in a dumpy ass little hick town like douglasville (and trust me it is) I know they had to have talked to her bfore they physically gave her the ticket.

That's very very true.

I can't imagine that she talked to an officer at her school and took his word as law. It's not like every police officer on the planet knows every law in the book- they typically only know what applies to their area or jurisdiction. That's just human nature. If you don't use it, you forget it. She should have gotten the actual print law to find out what was really legal or not. I notice that the article doesn't mention what is actually legal, just what people were guessing was and wasn't...

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 5 2003, 06:51 PM
I notice that the article doesn't mention what is actually legal, just what people were guessing was and wasn't...

thats because the actual "law" is meaningless once some whiny news casters get involved
im sure this shit will be all over national TV and she will end up getting the citizen of the year award by the time the news is done making a victim out of her

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 5 2003, 03:54 PM-->
@Jun 5 2003, 06:51 PM
I notice that the article doesn't mention what is actually legal, just what people were guessing was and wasn't...

thats because the actual "law" is meaningless once some whiny news casters get involved
im sure this shit will be all over national TV and she will end up getting the citizen of the year award by the time the news is done making a victim out of her

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is sooo sad, but so true.

I say give her the chair. :woo: Well maybe not the chair but its about time somone did something about those stupid lights.

Back