Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh, it'll be big enough for that. Most name-brand B series exhausts for the CRX are 2.5" or less. 60mm is what most use, and that's just a hair under 2 3/8". You really have to shell out some cash to buy the 3" name-brand exhausts. I think Thermal might be one of the only ones.

its-alive.jpg

Its ALIVE!! ALIVE!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Finally got a box of oem honda goodness. Installed them last night and cleared all the codes save for the speedometer code (cable isn't seated all the way in the trans, clip is missing, forgot to order it) The little ZC sprung to life! Feels like a fun little car. Got a bunch of grommets for the firewall and plugged up all the factory holes. fixed all the little screw holes in the rear from mr radio professional's mounting of seemingly random objects.. It doesn't stink inside while driving anymore.

Took it for a drive last night and hit some twisties.. Suspension isn't too bad. I overworked the rear drums though, lol. Happy to have a running car.

yeah, theres some fucktard around here that has a high output fuel pump on a completely stock motor, and doesn't understand why I isn't running. he wants 800 for it, but its got some gay body kit on it. still figured its worth lookin at.

Progress Pics!! Got a little carried away. Ah well. :D

Wet sanded and buffed the paint out (hours and hours of work)
removed antenna
removed rear wiper
removed pin striping
removed stickers
removed little dings
removed washer squirters (will be shaved and re-located)
touched up the paint
cleaned up the trim (Still have to trim-black a few very faded pieces)
removed.. a pair of mystery items, see if you can spot them lol..

Custom antenna block off plate thingamagigger. Made it out of aluminum stock. Took like 3 hours. I wanted the antenna gone but didn't want to actually shave it and mess up the paint, so I made this block off plate.
rex1.jpg

Academy of Freedom
Rex2.jpg

Rex3.jpg

Overpass in town
Rex5.jpg

Obligatory bomed out shack of a building shot
rex7.jpg

Last edited:
At the train depot
Rex8.jpg

Rex9.jpg

Showing off my 19 year old paint!
Rex10.jpg

National Guard Armory
Rex11.jpg

Rex12.jpg

Rex13.jpg

Prison Yard.. Its incredible.
Rex14.jpg

Airport. Photo had so much potential but there is only so much you can do with a basic digital camera. Its not an SLR or anything.
rex15.jpg

Last edited:
Dent removal was paintless, pretty much pushed them out from the under side, which is easy! The car has no interior at all!

Exhaust sounds like a train being beat to death. Its great at idle, it has a nice deep quiet tone while cruising lightly, but when you give it the gas and wind it up into higher rpms it gets loud. Ridiculously loud. I hate it.

Last edited:
Not to be an asshole, but...

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

I've had these for like 6 or so years...still brand new (they're the EF ZC specific ones)

they go for $175-$200/each + shipping and a 3 week wait time if you can find them...$300 shipped for the pair if you're interested

/done whoring

I certainly appreciate the whoring, and they are sexy sprockets, but the ZC isn't going to stay. So I'm not going to blow a ton of cash on it. Did a tune up on it, and thats pretty much all its going to get before it gets pulled and sold.

Back