Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A little update action...

Rear brakes done! 2000si disks, calipers, trailing arms, power stop rotors, hawk pads.

You damn thief!!! :ph34r:

Looks good man. I love my hawk pads all around. :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can find a shop that will do it for about $80. My local Canadian Tire quoted me $90 to push out and push in two lower ball joints. Maybe your parts store will lend you the tool with a deposit and it might only cost you say $20 or less maybe and you are good to go. That is if the parts stores have the lend a tool program.

Precision hammering can make it a DIY. There is the risk of fucking up a hub/bearing, but it can be done. Bake the knuckle to a few hundred degrees and freeze the bearing. It should drop in with some hammerly motivation. Then repeat for the hub.

With those kinds of forces and the precise machining involved with them, it would be easy to mess it up. No sense in running a chance at raping a new wheel bearing.. I have a hook up at a local shop.. Going to see what they will charge me. Probably hand them the parts +$10 or something.

Not a working one. I have two big ones, both broken.. Good for scrap.. And a smallish one that I am very careful with. I need to break down and spend a couple hundred bucks on a good vise.

Update...

Took the hub to a mechanic to have pressed out. Ordered the bearing. Bearing took 2 freaking weeks to arrive from majestic. I had ordered some other stuff and it was back ordered. Anyway, got the bearing and ran it over to the mechanic. His mother promptly had a stroke, so there my hub sits, bearing at the ready, pressed apart, and chilling for the weekend. I trust noone else to work on my stuff.. This guy does my exhaust and alignment jobs, and other odd stuff I toss at him, and he is as psycho about everything as I am, so I trust him.

So.. The rex is sitting on jack stands with no wheels or hood on it, or motor in it, looking sad, lonely, and hungry.

So I fed it a B18 today. Had the mounts, had the motor, was waiting on suspension but that is taking too damn long, so I went ahead and dropped the B18 in it today so I can start wiring it up, and bolt the hood back on.. Going to re-torque the rear end and get it buttoned up, slap the wheels back on it, and get the jack stands out from under the rear. It'll look like most of a car that is being worked on instead of a striped out shell. It was looking like it had been stolen and put through two different chop shops.

And, in true phyregod fashion, I lost a damn motor mount bolt, so there it sits, engine hoist looming over it, 2/3 mounts bolted in, and one missing bolt. sigh.

You can just use a hydrolic press and press out the assembly. I had to replace a wheel stud on mine and that method worked perfect. Just be careful.

And, in true phyregod fashion, I lost a damn motor mount bolt, so there it sits, engine hoist looming over it, 2/3 mounts bolted in, and one missing bolt. sigh.

I lost one of my mount bolts too, when I did my swap. I ordered three new ones from honda. I think there was only 20 left in all their warehouses then. The Fastenal (and any other hardware store near me) had nothing like it, pitch/length/not even close. I have one still sealed in its package if you need it.

i dropped ur car, tinted it, shaved the door handle and wiper gear, and cleaned up the rims.

hope you like!
rex2_original.jpg

rex2_edited.jpg

I lost one of my mount bolts too, when I did my swap. I ordered three new ones from honda. I think there was only 20 left in all their warehouses then. The Fastenal (and any other hardware store near me) had nothing like it, pitch/length/not even close. I have one still sealed in its package if you need it.

I got one from a local hardware store. Lady luck was on my side. Same brand and grade as hasport sent with their mount kit. Perfect shoulder length as well. Looks like it is supposed to be that way. $4.90 for that one bolt, but hey, I didn't have to hunt it down and pay shipping on it. Win IMHO.

Last edited:
I got one from a local hardware store. Lady luck was on my side. Same brand and grade as hasport sent with their mount kit. Perfect shoulder length as well. Looks like it is supposed to be that way. $4.90 for that one bolt, but hey, I didn't have to hunt it down and pay shipping on it. Win IMHO.

Awesome, I have no luck.. ever haha. I think from honda they were supposed to be almost $15 a piece. I got them for $6 each or something.

As far as the chop.. Its not my style. Windows will be tinted some day, but this car has a lot more work to be done before such cosmetics make it on the "to do" list. I had a rex with shaved handles once. Its a nice gimmick, but not really safe.. If I am upside down in a burning car, I want people to be able to at least try to open my doors.

That was a "before everything" pic as well.. Striping is gone, body is in better shape, rear wiper is deleted, etc.. Lots of work has already been done.

i dropped ur car, tinted it, shaved the door handle and wiper gear, and cleaned up the rims.

hope you like!
rex2_original.jpg

rex2_edited.jpg

You should have fixed the grasss/yard, not just the car!! I'm embarrassed that Phyre would take pics with our lawn looking like that-then post them. *hide*

right on mr. phyre lol. i was just showin ya, because there were discrepencies, so i posted them in your thread before i started the photoshop one.
i was just killin some time and i like your cr-x!:cool:

sorry to the mrs for not paint shop pro mowing hehe :)

My car is a piece of shit and an eye sore!

My CRX has been sitting on 4 jack stands with the wheels off of it for longer than I care to admit.. Today I got a note on my door that says Unregistered, non inspected, non running cars are a violation of city code, and it must be removed.

Dumbasses. It is registered, inspected, and insured. I installed the B18 in it but I haven't wired it up yet. I have to change the harness back to stock from being re-pinned for a ZC, then re-wire it for the B.. And I hate wiring. So I've done the brakes and suspension, finally got all of that straightened out and buttoned up. So I put the wheels back on it, put it back on the ground and cleaned it up again.. Looks like a pimp little rex. Maybe they'll leave me alone.

It was sad to get a note like that!

I'm lucky to live where I am. We have like 5 "Unregistered, non inspected, non running cars" on our property but no one can see them. Even if they were seen there is no law to stop us.

People who aren't "car people" don't give a shit, some think that anything that's not late-model and parked in a driveway should be a citable offense.

The cops were at my house yesterday morning because my brother's car was parked too close to the curb. My family has lived in this house for around 25 years. 7 licensed drivers live here and at the moment there are 8 cars. We live on a corner, but parking is still sometimes a problem. It always looks like we're having a party. But anyway, my brother drives a 100% stock Sentra. If that's really blocking your view coming around the corner, either slow down or turn in your license. "Random tip" the cop said. Even though the cop said he would never ticket that particular car, in that particular spot. 2 possible "random tippers". Mopar guy who lives across the street. He's an asshole but I don't think he would bother or want to be bothered in return. Other is a cop 3 houses up. Has never said a word to anyone but comes off as a toolbag who has given me plenty of "welcoming" looks as I drive the Teg by.

But basically the same idea. People need to worry about their own shit and leave other people out of it. If you're miserable, be miserable by yourself.

Last edited:
The rex had a good day today. I haven't wrenched on it in a long time. Got new NGK plugs, new distributor, new NGK wires. I love ngk.

FINALLY sourced some E-brake cables, and installed them. WOO HAAAA!!!

Got the alternator bolts in, installed them, the alternator is no longer just sitting where it is supposed to be, but is now actually bolted in.

Mounted the teg ECU

Installed and adjusted the new throttle cable

Plugged in all kinds of stuff.

New teg radiator is installed, hoses installed.

And then I had a sickening realization. The DX chassis harness is not compatible with the Teg engine harness. So now I either need to source a DX engine harness and modify it for MPFI, or (preferably) I need to source a teg chassis harness and install it.

I was hoping to have it running today, but that has proven a pipe dream. Ah well, maybe next time.

Anyone have a complete, uncut, unmodified Teg harness?

Back