Yet, another question....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was just wondering, has anybody had any problems turboing their motor? Anything ever break, or hurt your motor because of the turbo?

I have all stock internals, so what do you guys suggest? Should I get some upgrated stuff before the turbo?

If I didnt get upgrated internals but still turboed the motor, would that be bad? I wouldnt mind boosting low if I had too.

:feedback:

what engine do u have?

u can definitely boost a stock B series... i myself am turbo-ing a stock D series this summer... for the D series the most i would boost the engine stock is 8 psi, but i have seen cars run up to 12 on stock internals with no problems.. its all in how you tune the thing.

and yes, if you boost too much or install something completely fucked up you WILL most likely hurt ur engine ;)

upgraded internals can only help the engine when u turbo.. so why not get em? but if ur on a budget like i am, dont boost it too high, tune it right, dont beat the shit out of it, and you should be fine

hey mang

if you have a D i would keep it at about 8 psi as he said

i have never personally grenaded a motor, but this link has LOTS of examples of what NOT to do...

the site stresses fuel managment and timing to prevent things from breaking

Grenaded Motors

ohhhhhh, you got a GSR in that little ass hatch :lol:

your car is even hotter than i thought...
keep the boost low man, GSR's are expensive mistakes if you grenade it...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 8 2004, 11:31 AM
GSR's are expensive mistakes if you grenade it...

Thats exactly what I don't want to do. I just want more power than my normal bolt ons.

I want to smoke muscle cars and have them say " :drool: WOW!"

i had the drag gen 3 on my b16 runnin 12psi TUNNED, as a daily driver. i had it on there for about3 months.

the only problem that i had was my piping would keep coming loose.

no that the turbo is off, i seem to make more poer N/A.... :blink:

oh yeah stock bottom end to

Psi does not kill engines, power does.
You can push 5000psi all day on a toothpick size compressor and your engine will just shrug it off. You need to specify what turbo (specifically size and trim) you want to push this low boost through.

a t3/t4 will be fine. I stayed at 7psi on stock b16 internals for 2 months and never had a problem. My main concern was the turbo manifold. Everyday I took it out I was always worrying about the manifold cracking.

Originally posted by [Freemantle
,Apr 8 2004, 06:27 PM] Psi does not kill engines, power does.
You can push 5000psi all day on a toothpick size compressor and your engine will just shrug it off. You need to specify what turbo (specifically size and trim) you want to push this low boost through.

:yes:

Back