Yet another terror plot courtesy of the FBI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klyph

Dismember
VIP
Washington Post

As the article points out, this follows a long tradition of federal agents perpetrating a terror plot to generate headlines and justify their infringement on civilian liberties. Be afraid, the al qaedas are out to get you!

i agree with klyph on this one.
shits stupid.

last time i went into dallas, i was out walking around just taking pictures of the city, and had a building security guy call the cops on me for taking pictures around his building. not of his building, just around it. he deemed it suspicious behavior, and said it wasnt normal for people to take pictures of buildings. he asked "do people take pictures of buildings in your city?" i laughed and said yeah, thats actually why i was in dallas, i was tired of taking pictures of my own city, so i was going to others.
i left before the cops showed up, he had nothing on me that could have resulted in anything.

all because they were on "red alert" because the fbi foiled a terror plot that they set up.
the fbi devised the whole thing, and saw it through and arrested the guy, even though there was no action in the whole area other than what the fbi itself planned, they put it up to red alert.

its bullshit scare the sheeple plots.

Perhaps some of the NYC folks can provide some input on this but I read some where that NYC "SWAT" is some times deployed around the city randomly as a show of force. Mainly in the financial districts and such.

I've been in the city a handful of times including once for new years eve (2002-3)... and while i've never seen the swat team, there's a cop nearly every block or so hanging out, or doing traffic, or a meter maid (who is a cop), so there's basically always a prescense.
Certain areas, there's less, but they aren't hard to find.

Perhaps some of the NYC folks can provide some input on this but I read some where that NYC "SWAT" is some times deployed around the city randomly as a show of force. Mainly in the financial districts and such.
How else are you going to solve the bum problem?

Na, but I live ~30 minutes outside NYC and have spent a lot of time in the city. I don't think I've ever actually seen SWAT.

I've been in the city a handful of times including once for new years eve (2002-3)... and while i've never seen the swat team, there's a cop nearly every block or so hanging out, or doing traffic, or a meter maid (who is a cop), so there's basically always a prescense.
Certain areas, there's less, but they aren't hard to find.

Weird, I was there in ...early 98? I can't say that seeing cops is something that stood out, and went all over ...on foot, train, bus, honestly if I was single, and didn't have my son, I'd so be roaming the streets of NYC right now.

Back