yet another virus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've gotten 10-20 emails in my hotmail account with this email worm... I only use Hotmail for this reason. Security, and it's sooo easy to keep clean.

Nevermind, just read it for myself.....
Not affected :woo:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Aug 22 2003, 04:16 AM
I've gotten 10-20 emails in my hotmail account with this email worm... I only use Hotmail for this reason. Security, and it's sooo easy to keep clean.

ya, i've been getting them in my hotmail too. they are big emails, eat up my free space, bastards!!

They absolutely killed my AOL account yesterday because everything at my HS.com email account forwarded to it. 75+ messages yesterday, but AOL deletes attachments if there is a virus in it. So then I got emails from a ton of servers, saying I sent viruses to their networks. Oh man, what a mess. And the subjects were exactly what was said in the article: Re: Your Details. See attached file for details, etc.
Watch out for it.

I wish I could find the computer fag who made this and beat him with his own arms after I tear them off. Im just not gonna open any emails, I have no virus protection on my comp.

We had 7 infected emails come into our main account yesterday alone.
But Norton Antivirus keeps me safe.

I also had 1 infected email in my hondaswap.net account.

and to those who asked, it's not OS dependent

what I mean is it doesn't matter what OS your running for it to come thru your email.
as far as payload of the virus itself running on your system that's another story

Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows
NT, Windows XP

So that pretty much cover 95% of typical computer users

solution dont open attachments if you dont know thw sender and there is no real message ie the three i deleted today

i'm gettin' like 400 e-mails a day with that shit... it's annoying as all hell. i run no virus protection, never have... and i have still never gotten a virus... just don't be stupid about downloading/opening stuff and you won't get it.

Originally posted by MokujinX5@Aug 22 2003, 09:00 PM
I think i got hit... I've got a bunch of return email from peeps I've never heard of!

thats how it works. it doesn't send from you, but when it bouces or goes through, it comes back to you because of the header that was sent out with it.

THERE IS A SECUIRTY BREACH with this virus. it steals passwords. look again at the link i posted in the tfirst post.

if you don't have anti-virus.... HERE: FREE: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/.../start_corp.asp
it will have you install on the fly a java cab file. it will then exaime your system.

but, thats jsut a scanner. you still need PROTECTION. like a condom. the free thing is only the clinic afterwards :p

get norton 2003. end of story. if your cheap, and a thief, its all over kazaa.

What was the virus where it restarts your computer every 90 seconds or so? My laptop got it and I need to fix it asap.

Back