1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yonaka Exhaust?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by BrutalB83, Sep 19, 2019.

1. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Has anyone ever used a Yonaka Motorsports catback? Looks like maybe they used to be a vendor here back in the day?

Anyway, I have my daily driver 2000 Civic EX sedan. The midpipe/resonator portion of the exhaust has rusted and broken off for the 2nd time since I've owned this car (about 3 years). Seems like the factory replacement exhaust pipes are made to do this so you buy a new every few years? Cheapest exhaust shop quote for a factory replacement was $270. Seems ridiculous, especially since I know it will probably happen again in a few years.

For $270 I can get this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009R6ZQDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews seem good and I like it because it looks stockish and apparently isn't loud (according to reviews). Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them? It's cheap but not eBay N1 fart cannon cheap. Might be worth a try?

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

looks decent.

BrutalB83 likes this.
  3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

Checked out a few videos and it seems like a decent exhaust.

All the videos I saw of it on 6th gens seemed quite with a pretty good sound.

Looks well built.

I'd probably go for it :thumbup:

BrutalB83 likes this.
  4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

It arrives on Tuesday! I'll give my review post-install.

E_SolSi likes this.
  5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I've never heard anything terrible about Yonaka... just decent clone-level parts that people seem to like at really good prices.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted