"you cannot live without a pancreas"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive come across a few that actually seem like they know what they are doing.

the problem is that many doctors feel that they are somehow better than the patients because of theyre education. ive been to some doctors who, as your telling them whats wrong, dont pay any attention bc they think that they already know whats wrong with you. so they just ignore anything else that you tell them.
they dont pay attention bc they dont really care to treat somebody longer than they absolutly have too. if that doctor last night would have just taken a few minutes, or had one of the nurses that was leaning on the counter talking, check into what we were saying then he would have learned something new.
but the closed mindedness and supreme cockness, of the allmighty douchebag doctor rules over anything that isnt already in the medical books.

a couple of years ago a kid somewhere had half of his head blown off, he lived, and now only has half of a brain. he now has an implant to make his head a normal shape. i am willing to bet anything that if he had walked into that ER and told the doc that he only had half a brain, the doctor wouldve called him a liar. wouldve told him that you cannot live without your whole brain.

Medical schools and residency training has recently started making a concerted effort to improve doctors' bedside manner. In fact, the USMLE step 2 CS exam is specifically involved in bed side manner. I hope everything turns out well for your family.

she has already contacted an attorney. she has a meeting set up for tuesday.

reikoshea, your brother has no pancreas whatsoever? damn, even my sisters main doctors dont know that there is another person without one. ive heard about people having most of theirs removed, but havnt heard of somebody else having all of it removed.

apparently "hacksaw" Jim Duggan was just diagnosed with pancreatitis, my sister said she saw his teary eyed interview on tv. When they asked him why they didnt remove his whole pancreas he replied "you cant live without a pancreas."
she said that she wanted to call him and tell him otherwise but she couldnt. no number. lol.

but you would think, that a doctor, a person that spent over 8 years learning, would be very curious about a medical rarety. i know i would want to learn and understand how its possible.

I dont know ALL the details, but my brother's pancreas had disintegrated into nothing after the onset of diabetes. After that, something happened and they actually had to remove it. He takes 3 shots a day and his body is straight up jacked...but he's still alive.

Wow. Call House. That guy will tell you that you can live without a brain. :p Sucks that things like this happen... they pay for all that education yet fall asleep in class or don't study records, or the enormous amounts of books/publications when new medical studies/procedures are discussed...

I do beleive it is illeagel to refuse to treat someone at a hospital. I always here the news people talk about it in refrence to the illeagal immigration. Unless you become violent or verbally abusive, then they can throw your ass out.

I dont know ALL the details, but my brother's pancreas had disintegrated into nothing after the onset of diabetes. After that, something happened and they actually had to remove it. He takes 3 shots a day and his body is straight up jacked...but he's still alive.

her pancreas completely shut down then started swelling. im not exactly sure of the details but it started to do something to her stomach causing it to either shut down or something, and her intestines too.
so they removed the whole thing. she is very insulin dependant (obvioulsy) has to take pancreatic inzyms, funny thing is that at the hospital we left her purse when we left. her fiance went to get it and one of the nurses was like "you have to have a some part of your pancreas in order for you to digest your food." he pulled out her gigantic ass bottle of inzyms and shook it. told the nurse that they have pills for that too.

shes always kinda sick but for the most part, shes very active and hyper, and when she gets angry i think she forgets that shes sick.

I do beleive it is illeagel to refuse to treat someone at a hospital. I always here the news people talk about it in refrence to the illeagal immigration. Unless you become violent or verbally abusive, then they can throw your ass out.

she cussed but i wouldnt consider it to be verbal abuse. she said " i want another fucking doctor, this is bullshit."
plus she told them when they first took her back and asked her about all her meds and shit that she was bipolar, and schizo. so her cussing shouldve been expected.
you try telling a bipolar schizo thats throwing up blood and doubled over in pain that they are lying and dont know what they are talking about, see what reaction you get. lol.

seriously....have they never seen someone with high blood sugar? if they arent passed the fuck out they are really really easily upset. my brother will explode if he misses a shot.

ha, my sister explodes if you look at her wrong. shes usually on time with her shots. she hardly even has to test her bloodsugar, ask her what it is and she'll tell you, call her a liar and she'll test it and shes usually right on.
but seriously, what would you expect, calling somebody a lair while theyre in pain?

Back