you might be a minitrucker if...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fuckin low rider truckers. :lol:

:hide:

Originally posted by Blanco+Jan 12 2004, 04:15 PM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 12 2004, 10:20 AM
GSRCRXsi
@Jan 12 2004, 09:43 AM
so what is the difference between mini trucks and lowriders? i mean besides the difference between one being a car and one being a truck in some cases, they are both low and scrape on the ground..... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

That is easy.

Go pick up a mini-truckin and a lowrider magazine and you'll instantly know.

Lowriders = most of the time use hydros that dont even have accumulators and you can tell they were ghetto rigged just to work, not ride great. What is cool in lowrider mag, was cool in minitruckin 13 yrs ago. Chain steering wheels, velour ineriors, little glass cut mirrors, 13" wire wheels, gold/chrome fender trim, huge murals painted all over the car.

Mini-trucks = generally 20's stuffed under an s10, air bagged suspension (sometimes 5g's of work in the rear suspension alone), usually we have door handles and shit, lowriders usually gold plate them.

They look VERY different

Mini-truck:

69.jpg

Notice, body dropped (meaning body lays on the ground, not the frame. Lowriders dont even lay on th ground.

Lowrider:

0402lrm_candy07_z.jpg

The funniest thing is.... hearing a lowrider (usually the black kids in school or mexicans) say, "that's too low"...

My point exactly. Well, kinda'.

I like the 13 years ago scene. That Blazer just looks like shit to me, whereas that Cadi's looking pretty sicc. The guys who ghetto-rig their lowriders are the same type of guys who ghetto-rig their Honda's, and neither are the same type of person who takes the time to put the real work into their car like your minitrucker example. Lowriders are actually a cultural thing in Mexico, there's even a town named Lowrider populated almost completely with show cars (saw that a few years ago, so I might be a little off). Back in the early '90's when I had my truck, the lowriders were doing the steering wheels and Daytons back then too, it's nothing new. Just my $.02.

That is not true Blanco.

A lot of the show trucks and cars on the various cicuits, are dont ghetto. There is a copper s10 with the envoy front clip and 19's, i think it is called bag daddy or something. I'll post pics of it at the end of this post. It has been featured 3 times as a cover truck and many more as just a feature. A friend bought it. They decided to tear it apart for a redo. They found nothing but wads of wires, airline going through the cab, the air bag mounts were just angle iron and box tub. After the notch in the rear, the frame sagged and the rear crossmmeber wasnt even even across and was 2 pieces of metal welded together. This was on a feature truck. "Show only" trucks use a lot of poor quality parts, like aim and others. Thy also do setups for looks, not function. IMO, a real mini truck, is one done right, can be driven without any problems and is driven daily, if not daily, very often. Fuck this.. not driven, rear end would break b/c they used a reverse 2 link without a panhard bar, shit. That isnt the only minitruck i've seen torn into that was a cover truck and it wasnt done right.

Lowriders are the same. I've seen acouple features torn into and it was the same... wads of wires, shit just not done 100%

I live by moto.. do it right the first time. and go big or go home

*******PICS******

aaa.jpg
just sitting at show.. looking badass.

s4003fcf011182.jpg

this is how hte bed really looks.. i wondered why it was never open at shows. No, no one fucked this up, it was in a warehouse with the other trucks in the dudes club in florida, then sold and parked in a friends garage.

s4003fd7aea61a.jpg

lovely under the carpet wiring job

s4003fd952e647.jpg
the infamous wad of wires just hanging there.. and those all goto shit that works.

seeing how i'm wearing a drop em wear shirt as i type this and i built a go kart... with front and back cantilever setups so i could drag the go-kart, you can assume how many of those apply to me :lol:

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Jan 13 2004, 04:50 PM
seeing how i'm wearing a drop em wear shirt as i type this and i built a go kart... with front and back cantilever setups so i could drag the go-kart, you can assume how many of those apply to me :lol:

:wtf:

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Jan 13 2004, 07:54 PM-->
BlackJDMdeath
@Jan 13 2004, 04:50 PM

wtf what? do you not look anything up before you post stupid shit? Drop Em Wear is a tshirt company that makes tshirts for minitruckers with slogans on em.. like my avatar.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 14 2004, 12:15 AM-->
Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Jan 13 2004, 07:54 PM
BlackJDMdeath
@Jan 13 2004, 04:50 PM
seeing how i'm wearing a drop em wear shirt as i type this and i built a go kart... with front and back cantilever setups so i could drag the go-kart, you can assume how many of those apply to me  :lol:

wtf what? do you not look anything up before you post stupid shit? Drop Em Wear is a tshirt company that makes tshirts for minitruckers with slogans on em.. like my avatar.

give him a break...he's probably stoned off his ass right now.

Back