you might have a traitor, in a good way

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fallen_angel

my cavalier is dead.. finaly had its dues. Ive been thinking of getting a civic for a little while now, I just love the aftermarket. I found one that has the 1.6 vtec in it, sohc. What kinda horsepower should I expect stock from that, and what kinda quarter mile?

1.6 VTEC....thats like 125 HP if its a Z6, right?

Oh, yeah, checked the references and REIKO WINS!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
1.6 VTEC....thats like 125 HP if its a Z6, right?

Oh, yeah, checked the references and REIKO WINS!!!

In my completely factory CRX si I was turning low 16 second quarters. You should expect about the same, as the civic weighs more but has a little more power, too.

P.S. if you are interested in racing, I would highly suggest a crx or a civic hatch. The coupe is a chunk heavier, and the four door is a fat ass.

we have a boosted cavy local. my buddy pete, i fabbed his kit.

that thing rips the piss outta a d series honda.

i say rebuild the cavy and boost up nigga

eh, it was a 91 z24. Extremely torque heavy, but not much of an aftermarket. That thing did run a 15.7 quarter for me though. low 16s i can deal with. Just so long as it will move out of its own way. There is a tad bit of potential for this motor id imagen?

Quoted post[/post]]
eh, it was a 91 z24. Extremely torque heavy, but not much of an aftermarket. That thing did run a 15.7 quarter for me though. low 16s i can deal with. Just so long as it will move out of its own way. There is a tad bit of potential for this motor id imagen?

theres alot of potential for basically every honda motor.

even more potential for the shell...GSR or B16 will make that thing HAUL...or you can just turbo the D16 you have

then its on the old rusty body. BTW, the 3800 is just a tad too heavy. More performance outa swaping the heads from a 3400 or the 3400 itself. I dont have time for that swap though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
score a 3800 series 3.8l v6 from the early 90s buick regal.

bolts right in.

The 3800's electrical and fuel delivery blow donkey balls. Nasty piece of shit.

funny part is, I could have used the stock mpfi wiring already in my car for that. The stock injectors would have fit in.. and there ya go, no more crudy wiring. Still a lot better with a 3400. Couple of guys from my forum have broken 14 seconds in the quarter naturaly aspirated with them. I know its not much, but considering over a second dropped from their origenal quarter mile?

thats why guys take gtp's into the low 12s 11s on the 3800.

yep, real piece of shit........

Quoted post[/post]]
thats why guys take gtp's into the low 12s 11s on the 3800.

yep, real piece of shit........

yea.. but thats supercharged. I know someones got a cavy wagon that breaks into the 11's on a turbo 3400 hybrid. Hes not even done with it yet. 3800s would be great if they made part of the engine aluminum.

Back